Thread: Cutting carbon arrows.

Default Cutting carbon arrows.

Just got a dozen Cabela's carbon arrows as an anniversary gift.

Now how does one cut the things if you do not have an arrow saw?
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

get an arrow saw. you need to make sure your cut is square with the arrow

Careful application of a piece of tape as a guide and good technique with a dremel work great! Use a abrasive cutting disk and roll the arrow as you cut.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

I have not yet made the switch to carbon, I use a small pipe cutter on my aluminum arrows. Will that work for carbon?

I tape mine up and buzz them on the table saw with a square helping me guide. Helps if you have the finest blade out there Too easy

Default Pipe cutter on carbon arrows

I don't think using a pipe cutter on carbon arrows is a good idea. It will cause the fibers to delaminate and will destroy your arrow.

Arrows saws are high speed, fine cutting wheels. As such, they are designed to minimize potential for destroying the carbon arrow.

If you have a inexpensive, or junk carbon arrow you can try it out.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by bilder View Post
    Just got a dozen Cabala's carbon arrows as an anniversary gift.

Now how does one cut the things if you do not have an arrow saw?

Take them to your PRO shop, Tom up here at kings knock used to let me do mine for free, Until i got a saw from Cabala's i think by the time i paid shipping it cost 150.00 even still if you paid a dollar each cut, the satisfaction of knowing they are correct is worth it
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I've gone down to sportsmans warehouse before and they've cut my arrows for free. If at most there's a small charge per arrow.... 50 cents a peice I think...but like I said, most of the time they'll cut them for free.

Default Dremil tool

If you don't have access to a high speed arrow cutting tool, use a dremil tool with a cut off disk. Be carefull to hold the arrows square to the disk while cutting and rotate your arrow as it cuts. Do not try to push the disk all the way through the arrow. This will cause tension on the disk and parts will start flying. Been there, it's not fun. Good luck.