Thread: Is it Federal interference of State Authority?

Default Is it Federal interference of State Authority?

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/539513.html

What do you think?

"Subsistence hunting priorities for rural residents on federal land are managed by the board, composed of top federal agency officials in Alaska."

Who are those guys anyway?

Unhappy Thanks Tony

Thanks to Knowlges and his withdrawl of the John's case we have this.

The State needs to take the Feds back to court and fight to have our rights taken back and to kick the Feds out!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Av,

Are you asking who is on the Federal Subsistence Board?
    http://alaska.fws.gov/asm/board.cfml

They work real similar to Board of Game, proposals come up that you/me can comment on etc. The link above has most all the info on how they work and what they do. Ain't nothing new, as the article stated, been going on for decades as per ANILCA.

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Av,

Are you asking who is on the Federal Subsistence Board?
    http://alaska.fws.gov/asm/board.cfml

They work real similar to Board of Game, proposals come up that you/me can comment on etc. The link above has most all the info on how they work and what they do. Ain't nothing new, as the article stated, been going on for decades as per ANILCA.
    Thanks BR.

What can you tell me about this outfit.

http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/commis/cacfa/

How or do these guys interface with the FSB? Just looking at the members it seems overloaded with the traditional commercial interest.

AV,

CACFA was just recently reinstated late last year and frankly I can't tell you much about any interfacing with the Fed Subsistence Board. Most of the interface with FSB comes from ADFG and FWS and NPS and the Regional Advisory Councils, which are set up like our state F&G Advisory Committees. From what I've seen, many of the F&G AC members are also on the Regional Advisory Councils.

Yeah, there is some "commercial" (AOC) interests on CACFA. But there are other members who have been active for years as well not on the commercial side, rather in combatting the federal influence and how it pertains to our hunting and access privileges on fed lands. Can't find anything on the CACFA site relating to anything they've done since reinstatement. In the past they dealt with a wide array of issues relating to fed lands and management, navigability issues/definitions, commercial leasing for guiding/transporting in refuges, possible ESA listings, 2477 trails and access etc.

Cheers,

AV,

CACFA was just recently reinstated late last year and frankly I can't tell you much about any interfacing with the Fed Subsistence Board. Most of the interface with FSB comes from ADFG and FWS and NPS and the Regional Advisory Councils, which are set up like our state F&G Advisory Committees. From what I've seen, many of the F&G AC members are also on the Regional Advisory Councils.

Yeah, there is some "commercial" (AOC) interests on CACFA. But there are other members who have been active for years as well not on the commercial side, rather in combatting the federal influence and how it pertains to our hunting and access privileges on fed lands. Can't find anything on the CACFA site relating to anything they've done since reinstatement. In the past they dealt with a wide array of issues relating to fed lands and management, navigability issues/definitions, commercial leasing for guiding/transporting in refuges, possible ESA listings, 2477 trails and access etc.

Cheers,
    Right. They seem to be "too quiet" about just what they are doing. With Rick Halford and Rod Arno and the connections with SFW/APHA makes me wonder what they are looking at advocating and how far down the road they already are?

Default This might explain it..

Yeah, there is some "commercial" (AOC) interests on CACFA.... Can't find anything on the CACFA site relating to anything they've done since reinstatement.
    http://notes5.state.ak.us/pn/pubnoti...e?opendocument

Citizens Advisory Commission on Federal Areas Notice of Public Meeting

Category: Boards & Commissions
    Department: Natural Resources
    Publish Date: 10/07/2008
    Coastal District: N/A

Body of Notice:

STATE OF ALASKA
    CITIZENS' ADVISORY COMMISSION ON FEDERAL AREAS REGULAR MEETING NOVEMBER 6 & 7, 2008 LEGISLATIVE INFORMATION OFFICE
    716 W 4TH AVENUE
    ANCHORAGE, AK 99501-2133

TENTATIVE AGENDA

Thursday, November 6

1:00 p.m. I. Call to Order
    II. Roll Call
    III. Approval of Agenda
    IV. Approval of Minutes
    V. Communications
    VI. Report of Chairman/Executive Director
    3:00 p.m VII. Public Participation
    VIII. Adoption of Commission By-Laws and Guidelines
    5:00 p.m. Adjourn for the day

Friday, November 7

8:30 a.m. Reconvene
    IX. Call to Order
    X. Agency Reports

A. U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service - Comprehensive Conservation Plan Revision Program Overview.
    B.National Park Service - Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve Nabesna ORV Trail EIS.

11:00 a.m. XI. Public Participation
    XII. Unfinished Business
    XIII. New Business
    A. Forest Service Public Use Cabins & Wilderness Policies
    B. ANILCA 1308 Local Hire
    C. FY10 Proposed Budget
    D. Nomination Committee
    E. 2008 Annual Report

5:00 p.m. XIV. Adjourn