Thread: summer jobs

Default summer jobs

im graduating high school in june and i hope to go follow one of my dreams and spend some time in alaska to work, hunt and fish

the problem im having is finding a job when im on the other side of the continent, but i figured the best way to find out about jobs in alaska is to ask the people that love and live up there

what is the best way for me to find a halfway decent summer job, and do some hunting up there

There are tons of jobs available in the tourism industry in the summer in Alaska for those that are relatively unskilled. All types of food service and hotel type jobs are easy to get.

If you have skills in other areas there might be something there too. The building industry has slowed up here and the building trade hirings have slowed as well.

Most tourism jobs end the beginning of September which is the beginning of the good hunting season. Unfortunately you will be required to have a non-resident hunting license for the first year you are here. You are also limited to species you can hunt without a guide until you are a resident. On top of that, the species you can hunt will cost a pretty penny for tags.

If you are not planning to become a resident you will need to save some serious coin to be able to hunt every year.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Most tourism jobs end the beginning of September which is the beginning of the good hunting season. Unfortunately you will be required to have a non-resident hunting license for the first year you are here. You are also limited to species you can hunt without a guide until you are a resident. On top of that, the species you can hunt will cost a pretty penny for tags.
    yeah i know ive been saving for a while hoping i can go get a caribou or maybe a moose ive got about 1500 in the bank specifically for alaska right now

im more worried about finding a job that will give me enough money for a place to stay after the job ends

im a volunteer firefighter here and i was wondering what it would take to get on a forrest crew up there but it doesnt seam promising right now, seams more like ill end up working in a lodge or something when i would rather be outdoors

Default PaintBall

I sent you a PM

Default cool works

check out coolworks.com.
    They have alot of job postings

get on one of them crab boats and become rich!

Ray
    Semper Fi!

the forest service loves to hire folks from outside Alaska
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.