Thread: ? about a tent

Default ? about a tent

been looking for a new tent and was wondering if anybody has tried or have the ALPS ALASKA OUTFITTER, it looks pretty good, only thing I can see there is no vents in the tent so it might hold moisture inside.

http://www.alpsmountaineering.com/AL...aOutfitter.htm

Are you looking for a four man or a three man? I have a Eureka K2 XT three man tent that is much better designed than the one you have linked to. Much more venting, just as big vestibule, more poles and way more tie downs for wind.

You are right to be worried about condensation on that tent. It doesn't seem to have any ventilation options. How much do you want to spend? How big do you want it to be? Once you let me know that I can offer some suggestions!

Jason

Default Used it for two seasons now...

It is a very nice tent. Plenty of ventilation - front - back - and top.

Sturdy. I had it out last year in the remains of a typhoon. 80mph winds rain coming down sideways. Absolutely no problems - it never moved.

It is actually about one pound heavier than listed and very good for fly-ins. Quick one man setup and takedown.

...everybody has one... opinion that is.

Good to see someone with firsthand experience instead of conjuncture! Sounds like it has worked well for you!

Jason

everybody thanks for the info, I like the looks of the tent, glad somebody has tried one and got good reviews, it looks like a solid tent, most likely will be picking one up. Hey traderjon were did you get yours at. Steve

Default good friend

I have a friend who is a Manager with Dick's Sporting Goods. he fixes me up for my outings with some great deals and I give them reviews. Sounds fair to me :-)

Hopefully when they open their Alaska store, he will get it.