Thread: Ghost ring sight

Default Ghost ring sight

Just bought a Marlin 1894 .45-70 with this set of sights http://www.midwayusa.com/Eproductpag...eitemid=920514 Would it be practical to thread the inside of the ghost ring to accept smaller apertures ? God bless Wyr

You will be able to shoot well enough with the large apperture I don't see a real need for a smalle apperture.

Default If you are looking for target

accuracy go ahead and get a peep sight. The ghost rings work by looking thru the ring, not focusing on it. On mine, if I sit there and try to center everything up I can't hit anything (tried that excuse with my 338 with the scope but no one bought it :-) . But if I just pull up the rifle and shoot quickly I can get 4" groups at 100 yards all day long. Let your subconscious center the sights, if you try to consciously do it you will drive yourself nuts.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

with a ghost ring or reciever,peep etc...your eye will naturally center the front bead on the target (if you will let it). don't use the rear sight at all. just look through it, putting your bead front on the target and shoot.

some front beads subtend (are too large) too much of the target causing an imprecise hold. if this is the case replace it. they cost only a few dollars and can even be found on eBay.

my marlin shoots 3" groups all day at 200 yards with an ashley rear and a lyman front sight.

good luck!
    jh