Thread: parrot and bird dog

Default parrot and bird dog

does anyone have a parrot and a bird dog????? wife has a parrot my new pup gets here soon want to train her well with no distractions.... it only seems right to me that she shouldnt be around a parrot but i may be wrong... any advice???? if wife wont bargain i hate to see a good dog go bad or a nice birdy get eatn lol....
    God Created Man Samuel Colt Made Them Equal

Train the parrot to say "Fetch" or "dead bird" just kidding lol! I dont have a Parrot,but I have a few birds on the walls that the dogs are used to nw,but every now and then they'll have that look on their face and Ill look up to see what they are staring at and it'll be one of the birds, funny stuff there, it's lie there trying to tell me shhhhhh here come one in daddy get ready. Daniel

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I parrot. 1 cat 1 springer.... the parrot taught them both a lesson....( the cat took twice) now parrot cleans cat's fur.....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Default Who do you love more?

We have three dogs now and one cat. Even now I don't leave them alone together. They are kenneled in their own spaces.

Years back I had a pen with ducklings in my backyard and a 2 yr old Lab in daily field training, living in apparent harmony for 3 months. I came home one day to a total slaugher. Gunner tore out his chainlink kennel, ripped through the chicken wire and decapitated all 8. I tried raising ducks one more time, with more security, same result.

Lucy and the cat would stay out of trouble for months lulling us into complacency. One evening out we came home to a toilet papered living room, lamps on the floor and the TV on. The remote was in pieces.

We got Molly but made sure the cat was out before we left, the two girls devised a plan to open the refrigerator and clean out the vegitable bin.

Last night, right in front of us, the 3 dogs held a secret meeting and one at a time they took turns sneaking out to the garage and eating the green tomatoes just beginning to turn red.

You'll probably be fine as long as you're there to supervise but beware that when they are alone, what one doesn't think of the other will.

www.alaskadognews.com

My friend has two male labs and a parrot (cockateel?...some big noisy bird ?) The dogs don't even look twice at him.