Thread: Anyone taking the online shooting test on the 8th

Default Anyone taking the online shooting test on the 8th

i took my online test and going to take the shooting test on the 8th anyones eles on here taking it?

I need to, but I'm not sure I'll be up to 50lbs yet...they take off points for that, right? I'm not too smart on the subject....

frozen,
    they will not check your draw weight. Shoot whatever draw weight you want. Whatever you choose, be consistent and if you have been practicing, you will not have a problem passing.

Your draw weight will matter when you are hunting. Make sure the draw weight is equal to, or more that what is required for the game you are hunting. Check the 2008/2009 regs.

i am hoping i will do ok i can get good groups of 4 inches or less out to about 40 yards i dont know what it takes been shooting everyday for a hour or so. just got the bow a few weeks ago hoping to pass the test.

Default be familiar with the kill zones

with groups 4 inches or less at 40 yards, you will be fine. You need to be comfortable shoots standing and kneeling out to be about 30 yards.

However, the most important thing I found was it was imperative you need to be familiar with the kills zones. The animals did not have a spot of hi-viz paint of where you need to hit. You will also need to take into account the orientation of the target, i.e. broadside, slighty quartering away and toward you.

Make sure all of your equipment is in good working order. It is amazing what I saw and heard the day of the shoot such as mismatched arrows.

I found the volunteer judges that conducted the shoot were fair. If you are familiar with your equipment, your equipment in good working order and okay shot, you will do fine.

Take your time to ensure you have good form and a smooth release. People tend to stress out at the shoot. Just remember, the rest of the shooters will be there for the same purpose which is to get their bow card.

Thanks for the info, BigDaddy. My husband went though it, but that was 13 years ago, so I'm thinking some things have changed. Rmk, i'm sure you'll do fine. I feel your pain though, I'm getting used to a new bow too. Good luck to you, and tell us how it goes.

well i passed it was alot easier than i thought it would be longest shot was 26 yards took my range finder but did not use. ranged the last one just to see how far it was.

Default Congratulations RMK!

I told you so.