Thread: Access to RM797 in 20D

Default Access to RM797 in 20D

Dose anyone have and info they would like the share. One how to access this area or zone for the Antlerless mose hunt in the area next month. thanks..

Id like to freshen this post up as I too am interested in this hunt. As I understand there is seargent creek trail south of donnely dome wich provides acces. How is this trail and also how is crossing jarvis creek. Is this a fourwheeler only thing or can a truck do it?

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    Id like to freshen this post up as I too am interested in this hunt. As I understand there is seargent creek trail south of donnely dome wich provides acces. How is this trail and also how is crossing jarvis creek. Is this a fourwheeler only thing or can a truck do it?
    Isn't that all part of fort greely. I'm trying to find out as much as i can before the 10th. Were going to give a try and see whats happen just not sure yet on how to access the area. If i learn anything i will share mike

My dad said most of it is 6 miles off the roads, in the mountains off of the base. SO far the only access point we can see is that trail south of donnely. I did a search on the forum, not much was turned up. Must be good hunting and only one way in with all the tight lips.

We are headed up next week and we are going to cross Jarvis creek to access this area.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    My dad said most of it is 6 miles off the roads, in the mountains off of the base. SO far the only access point we can see is that trail south of donnely. I did a search on the forum, not much was turned up. Must be good hunting and only one way in with all the tight lips.
    Yes everyone is very tight liped but it ok I have lots of time to find out how to getting to area. just would be nice to know more but it is what it is.

Any idea a mabye going in the on tractor trail.. Of on highway 2

Default Access

you can go in on Coal mine road and cross Jarvis. I have been in there many times, planning on hitting it myself. The map shows this years hunting area as up in the mountains. Not the best area for moose hunting, most of the moose will be down low and out of the hunting area. Snow will be an issue up in that area, thought Ill be there, I dont expect to do well. One might do better to head up the Gerstle where you can stay low, water levels will be way down.