Thread: Excuse me, but I believe you shot my moose

Talking Excuse me, but I believe you shot my moose

All you hunters that worked GMU 20A over, please raise your hands. If you walked/road/crawled all over 20A and didn’t get anything but bit up by skeeters and wet, drop your hands. All of you left with your hands up, I believe that you shot my moose. No, I didn’t actually see a legal one out there, but I’m sure that if you would have passed on the shot, it would have come my way. I’m one of “majority”…the 70% that got skunked (according to some college kid in Fairbanks). I’ve only been in Alaska for a year, but if I would have stayed home, I could have bought a lot of store bought beef for what I paid in “liquid gold” running all over 20E for Caribou and 20A for moose. Of course, I’m addicted to chasing critters in the woods. I’ve dogeared Marc’s and Mike’s books so often, they got fleas. Here is a new book idea for anybody interested… “Hunting for the Harvesting Challenged”. I’ll be your poster boy, if you can get me onto a moose/caribou/sheep, you can bet anybody could do it. It will sell like hotcakes, I’d buy one or two myself. I won’t take any royalties, just some backstraps and a little burger for some chili. Army Strong? No, my new motto is “Army Hungry”. Congrats to the victors…we’ll get’em next year for my fellow “majority” store bought beef eaters.

Good post.. I was aout there and got skunked. Met a fella at the Salcha ramp whose son bagged a 60" on his first hunt, with a brand new rifle. DANG that beeginners luck.

Either way , it was 5 days of no phones, work or stress and som eGREAT time with my 10 year old son and a good friend.

Eh.............. We scoured both Ferry and the Anderson area. No joy.
    Now what ?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default just got home

our party pulled 2 out and actually had some one shoot the moose we were calling in.. ol boy from south Carolina got his first one.. thanks to us... his first words to us was " i am not sure it was legal....." turns out his 43" JUST had 4 brow tines...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here