Thread: Fairbanks Winter Boat Show

Default Fairbanks Winter Boat Show

Does anyone know when the winter boat show is normally held in Fairbanks? I'm interested in getting a new boat over the winter.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

I can't remember the dates offhand but I've got a 20' Hewes Sportsman's w/200 optimax sportjet I can sell ya?

Default What kind of a boat are you looking for?

I thought the FBX show was more towards spring, like march or something? You can call the Carlson convention center there and they have the calander.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    Does anyone know when the winter boat show is normally held in Fairbanks? I'm interested in getting a new boat over the winter.
    I like your signature line, but, my wife has a slinky, and I've never had to push her down the stairs for it to put a smile on my face!

Don't know about 09, but the 08 Outdoors Show was the third week in April

I don't recall there ever being a dedicated boat show in Fairbanks. The spring show with boats is called the outdoor show but they have all kinds of outdoor equipment. This year the outdoor show was so crowded that we only stayed a few minutes and have no plans of attending another one. I think it would be great if they had a spring boat show or maybe a boat/atv show, it might lighten the load on the outdoor show to where one could at least have a little elbow room.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumm View Post
    I don't recall there ever being a dedicated boat show in Fairbanks. The spring show with boats is called the outdoor show but they have all kinds of outdoor equipment. This year the outdoor show was so crowded that we only stayed a few minutes and have no plans of attending another one. I think it would be great if they had a spring boat show or maybe a boat/atv show, it might lighten the load on the outdoor show to where one could at least have a little elbow room.
    Crumm is correct. In Fairbanks we have the Outdoor Sports Show which includes all sorts of outdoor activites. There is usually a couple boats there as well as ATV's, motorcycles, fishing and hunting guides, RV dealers and parks and other things. But no real "boating show". The Outdoor Show is in the spring.