Thread: Nelchina Bou?

Default Nelchina Bou?

Any close to the road? Knee blew out will not go far.
    Louie

season's closed Louie for a few weeks.

On opening day (October 20th), get yourself 10-15 miles up Lake Louise Road before first light. The last few years it has been a very productive place to be. A bit of a zoo with other hunters, but productive for those who need to hunt from the road.

Default question?

Any idea if this is Bow only?

Thanks

Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by WVTomNAK View Post
    Any idea if this is Bow only?

Thanks

Tom.
    Well it is subsistance tag so.....

Just kidding. No its not bow only its a tag drawn based on years in Alaska and other things. Would be sweet to have a bow only season on the nelchina herd, but I'd also like to have a million dollars too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    On opening day (October 20th), get yourself 10-15 miles up Lake Louise Road before first light. The last few years it has been a very productive place to be. A bit of a zoo with other hunters, but productive for those who need to hunt from the road.
    I think it has been opening on October 21st for a number of years and this year as well. But on the 20th, you would have less competition. heh heh The best place I have found for them to be congregated during this time is along the stretch of road between Chistochina and Slana Junction. There are a limited number of places on this stretch where they cross the road and it is easy to tell by the tracks, normally just enough snow to make tracks. Indian Creek is a very good crossing.

Thanks for catching my mistake, Akres. I think you're right.