Thread: Sling

Default Sling

Not sure if correct forum but it falls into the hunting category. I wanted to share a pic of a sling a friend in Fairbanks made up for me after a very close grizzly encounter on the Kenai back in July. I felt I needed much faster access to my rifle after that 10ft encounter. This post is just for the sake of FYI, it is not something I am selling or anything, it is just a really cool and potentially useful sling.

The rifle is a WWG 50 AK

My daughter is home from college and agreed to play model for me

As you can see it hangs over your shoulder and right in front at the ready and very simply comes up to shoulder

Doug

Thumbs up

Thats a nice looking and functional sling, your friend did a good job on the stiching as well. I have used similiar slings in the military on M4 carbines and like the way they handle. I still go back and forth having a sling or not having one on my hunting rifles. Even when I do put one on there I seldom end up using it. Maybe I just need to get out and hunt more then I would use one more?

Steve, my friend that made this for me is actually an Iraqi Vet and he also made one for my m4, he does a fantastic job on them. He bought a sewing machine a few months ago and started kicking these things out and playing with new ideas for other firearms.

Doug

Thumbs up

That is a nice system...simular to some that are out there now. Has the tactical aspect but is more user friendly with regards to hunting. The biggest plus is the model...she is sporting Razorback shirt so she must be awesome.

The incident that prompted your friend to make you the sling ......... is the reason I carry my rifle in the crook of my left arm .... Murphy is alive and well in the Alaska bush and if you don't believe it - tempt him!

Quote Originally Posted by MyKC395 View Post
    That is a nice system...simular to some that are out there now. Has the tactical aspect but is more user friendly with regards to hunting. The biggest plus is the model...she is sporting Razorback shirt so she must be awesome.

Being in Texarkana, TX and a mile or 2 from the AR line the kids have been corrupted by the locals, Ashley above was born in Fairbanks so she also has plenty of U of A shirts around as well. I see in your photo you go both ways with AR and TX, the kids also wear Texas shirts lol. I am a U of TN fan myself

"The incident that prompted your friend to make you the sling ......... is the reason I carry my rifle in the crook of my left arm .... Murphy is alive and well in the Alaska bush and if you don't believe it - tempt him! "

That is something I can't do for extended periods of time, it had always been my carry choice as well. Since first using a similar model sling on my m4 I really prefer this way today.

You nailed it about Murphy, I am done tempting lol

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dwhunter View Post
    Being in Texarkana, TX and a mile or 2 from the AR line the kids have been corrupted by the locals, Ashley above was born in Fairbanks so she also has plenty of U of A shirts around as well. I see in your photo you go both ways with AR and TX, the kids also wear Texas shirts lol. I am a U of TN fan myself
    Doug

LOL...I only go one way...the pic is small so you cannot read it. It says piss on Texas. Of course they are going to put a whoopin on us today, but that is ok. Not a fairweather fan. Loyal to my Hogs through and through. Grew up just north of you in a little town called Horatio.

Quote Originally Posted by MyKC395 View Post
    LOL...I only go one way...the pic is small so you cannot read it. It says piss on Texas. Of course they are going to put a whoopin on us today, but that is ok. Not a fairweather fan. Loyal to my Hogs through and through. Grew up just north of you in a little town called Horatio.

LoL.. I showed the pic to my wife and she told me what the seat said before I got your reply. She was born and raised down here and has seen it all between the 2 lol

You grew up down the street from here, not far anyways. I have been in the area about 10 years now and I am still trying to figure it out lol

Doug