Thread: Storage

Default Storage

I was wondering if I could get some advice on the best way to store raft for the winter. Is there any conditioner, like armorall that should be used?
    Thanks

Armorall isn't recommended, but 303 Protectant usually is. Ideal storage is probably loosely inflated and stored inside, but not many of us have the room. Most of the time I see boats rolled up in the back of a garage. If you leave them outside, don't move them after they freeze, as the fabric is very stiff and there will be ice inside from condensation, etc. Damage has been reported from doing this, especially if the boat has bladders inside.

I treat my boats awful and just roll them up and plop them in the back yard. I don't cover them or even put them on a ground cloth, so I'm an example of what not to do. However, I've never had a problem doing this. My theory is; you never want to treat your boat nicer in the winter than in the summer, as it might start expecting better treatment all the time.

I'm with you Jim. I treat my boats like the preverbal redheaded step child and (knock on rubber) have not had a single problem in the last 15 years. I do think a lot of the credit needs to go to Aire though, they make one hell of a product.

Default LOL Jim

Now that's funny! Yep yep! 303 stay away from anything else with P.D's in them which are not good for your boat. I had to replace a couple of baldders one year because of I moved them at 30 below both bladders look like someone took a knife to them I suppose it did not help that they were tossed down verses placed but bad action either way.

I stored boats outside for year with no issues however I always tarpped them now they are treated nice and stored in a nice building with heat. I guess I now have Sissy Boats.

:-)

Default thanks

Ok, thanks for the info. Can't have no sissy rafts. I quess I'll just do a drive by toss into a ditch somewhere and find it in the spring. No worries.