Thread: mystery ranch pack 6500

Default mystery ranch pack 6500

Anybody in the Anch area have or use a mystery ranch pack that could offer some help / advice ?

I don't have this bag but I plan on buying one next year and from your post I get the feeling that your aren't pleased with yours. Is that true?
    Loving God, Loving People, Loving America--Serving All Three

Barneys carries that pack, you can ask them...

Default proper fit

Well my biggest complaint is the weight, especially after a day or two in the rain. However I have heard if they fit right they are great, I just dont' know if it needs to be adjusted or if I need to go to a smaller harness. However before I write it off & try & sell it I would like to make sure I am doing everything possible to make it work. It does seem to have a lot of overkill when it comes to straps & buckles & its possible I have one connected wrong.

Thanks for the tip on Barneys, I will go there & check it out & maybe they can help.

BC I will let you know how it turns out.

Do let me know and PM sent
    Loving God, Loving People, Loving America--Serving All Three

Sent you a pm.

I've got the NICE frame and 6500 bag. It's defineately high quality. It's a couple of pounds heavier than other comparable bags, but it is also bombproof. Took mine into the Wrangells this year for 10 days and it carried everything, about a 70 pound load. Expensive bag, but it'll last a lifetime of normal use. Also, if you have any problems just a phone call to get it straightned out. The customer service at Mystery Ranch is outstanding, they've proven it to me more than once.
    You do have to make sure it is adjusted correctly and the straps are fastened where they belong. Just give the guys at MR a call and they're more than happy to help.
    Also, the load distribution is very good. I don't know if it's better than Kifaru or Barneys because I've never used either of those. I just know it's the best I have personally ever carried.