Thread: 08 Moose

Default 08 Moose

Me and a buddy went on a fly in this year for moose looking for the "big one"! Well we headed out on the 16th and after setting camp looked over the area. We found a group of moose about 1 1/2 miles behind camp. So the next morning we headed out to take a shot at the biggest bull. We found the group pretty close to our camp when they were buzzed by our air service dropping another group off in our area. So we followed them out back to where they were the night before. While making our stalk another bull snuck up behind us. He looked us over and moved on to the group. The two bulls stepped off and began the battle for the cows! So my buddy and I took some video and then rushed in to shorten the distance while they were busy. After a few minutes both bulls decided to lay down and the "shooter" was in the open. So we maneuvered behind him and got to 165 yards when he stood up. I put 2 shots through the boiler to put him right back in his bed. He measured 52" and it took us 4 days of hiking up hill through the tundra to get the meat, cape, and antlers back to the airstrip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Nice job!

Great job F-16! Congrats on the bull!

Default Congrats

Congrats, can't wait to see the video!

Default Congrats

Nice Moose, sound like you had a great time. I'm sure the small moose was thankful you showed up and gave him the harem. What air service did you use? Did you have any arrangments about your location? Can't wait to see some of the video.

Default bullage

nice bull...congrats.
    Psalm 18:34
    He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Default Congrats

Thanks for sharing! Moose it's what's for Dinner!

Blue Moose

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    Nice Moose, sound like you had a great time. I'm sure the small moose was thankful you showed up and gave him the harem. What air service did you use? Did you have any arrangments about your location? Can't wait to see some of the video.
    Yeah my buddy made the arrangments and asked when he booked if they would put anyone else in there. They told him no, and I guess they had an any bull tag for our area and the air service figured it wouldnt be any competition. Luckily the two guys were pretty cool and did only shoot a med sized bull. They fixed up the meat pole at the air srtip witha huge tarp and stuff and left it for us. As for the name if you pm me I will tell you but as far as I know you cant really put it on here.

What a LAME air carrier.; I can't belive they would dump off another party on you, let alone after saying they wouldn't.
    I guess there just isn't enough country to keep your hunters 4-5 miles apart and let them have a wilderness experience.
    That sucks, but congtats on making the most of it and getting a great bull.

Beautiful job and congrats!

Nice job Chris. I am glad to see you scored. PM me and let me know the particulars.

Thanks all, yeah we werent to happy about the Air Charter but it at least worked out for us.