Thread: Looking for a Shark Charter

Default Looking for a Shark Charter

Hello Gentlemen..........sorry, but it is that time of year where I have to start bothering you as we plan for our trip to Alaska next year.

Last year we did Halibut out of Ninilchik, this year we are looking for a good Shark Charter. Strictly catch and release, with the option of looking for some Halibut and Salmon.

Checked into Saltwater Safari, but they only run a two day charter. Have also been trying to work with Alaska Offshore. There program sounds real good, 12 hours on the water, the only thing is I am having a terrible time hooking up with them to establish dates. Wouldn't be a problem except I have reservations to make on some local flights............sooooooo.

In case I can't get with them, do any of you recommend a good Shark Charter. I would like to go out of Seward, however we are flexable.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by 2PawsRiver View Post
    Hello Gentlemen..........sorry, but it is that time of year where I have to start bothering you as we plan for our trip to Alaska next year.

Last year we did Halibut out of Ninilchik, this year we are looking for a good Shark Charter. Strictly catch and release, with the option of looking for some Halibut and Salmon.

Checked into Saltwater Safari, but they only run a two day charter. Have also been trying to work with Alaska Offshore. There program sounds real good, 12 hours on the water, the only thing is I am having a terrible time hooking up with them to establish dates. Wouldn't be a problem except I have reservations to make on some local flights............sooooooo.

In case I can't get with them, do any of you recommend a good Shark Charter. I would like to go out of Seward, however we are flexable.

Thanks in advance.
    \

Try Capt Eric Clock out of Seward at Semaka Charters.

http://www.semakacharters.com/index2.html

He does packages for either Halibut or Salmon, but he'll custom tailor the trip you want if you contact him about the dates you want and the boat isn't booked already.

Or, he can point you in the right direction if he can't help.

Default >>>------->

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll charter this trip for ya,but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish! Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycod. This shark, swallow ya whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back the tourists, that'll put all those coffee huts back on a payin' basis.
    But it's not gonna be pleasant! I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, Chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll have ya catch him, and release him,for ten.
    But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap,you'll be tryin to confirm your booking the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's too many captains in this burg. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole freakin thing.

Default Gear

Just make sure you got your rubbers, Cheif.

Thanks Upstream. Exchanged a couple e-mails and spoke with Eric last night. Seems like a good guy and professional. Returns e-mails and was quick with information.

Will be booking with him tomorrow.

Thanks again.