Thread: Shotgun Repair

Default Shotgun Repair

Im picking up a shotgun that was purchased in Turkey, I believe it to be a Huglu model, catch is the trigger is jammed.

Here is what I know (forwarded to me)....It's 12 gauge, 8 shell, pump action, w/two stocks (folding, combat/SWAT style and traditional fixed/shoulder). Only problem is the trigger mechanism is jammed. The bolt slides and locks fine, bottom loader is fine and safety switch ok; but, just need to un-jam the trigger housing.

Similar to this, except nickle plated.

http://www.huglushotguns.com/pa.html

Who would you recommend for shotgun repair in Anchorage?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Im picking up a shotgun that was purchased in Turkey, I believe it to be a Huglu model, catch is the trigger is jammed.

Here is what I know (forwarded to me)....It's 12 gauge, 8 shell, pump action, w/two stocks (folding, combat/SWAT style and traditional fixed/shoulder). Only problem is the trigger mechanism is jammed. The bolt slides and locks fine, bottom loader is fine and safety switch ok; but, just need to un-jam the trigger housing.

Similar to this, except nickle plated.

http://www.huglushotguns.com/pa.html

Who would you recommend for shotgun repair in Anchorage?
    Which one? They are two different shotguns. One is a steel receiver, similar to Ithaca, with bottom ejection. The other is alloy receiver with side ejection? Why would you buy a shotgun with a jammed trigger? Good price?

I would just disassemble everything and find the culprit. If yours is the bottom loader and its like an Ithaca, it is easy to assemble and fix and parts will be available.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I am picking it up after work, not sure on exact model, just tried finding a model close to it. It was made in 2002 and might not be offered anymore. I was told side ejection, so it would be the PA1 model listed in the link.

Oh and it was free. This is better than christmas, I never get free stuff. I could be the only ticket holder in a million dollar lottery and still not win.

I'll post pics and details when I get home
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Well its definitely a pure import, stamped "Toros 2001 Super Gold" Both semi-auto and pump 12ga. Nickel Plated.

I've found absolutely nothing on the internet about it. Any suggestions?

Wow that is a good price!

Sorry, Pump assisted Semi auto....

I have it all broken down and it appears the safety is froze and I found pin guide cracked where a spring loops.

Seems to be a very close match to an 870, internally. If I can get it fixed this thing would make a great camping gun. i think the stock will actually fit my 870

Default precision arms

vince at precision arms is awesome. He has helped me with some embarassing problems, and some legit problems....Great guy!!!

I'll need to replace the whole assembly, i have no idea if I will find a match.