Thread: Snowplowing with an Argo?

Default Snowplowing with an Argo?

I'm considering a new Avenger, part of the justification is snowplowing. I'd like to here from someone that has done or does do snowplowing with an Argo. My question is, How well do they plow with tires? I don't need tracks in the area I hunt and would hate to have to buy tracks just to plow. Thanks for your input.

they are crap to plow with, get a old blazer or bronco.

Ray
    Semper Fi!

Default To light of a foot print?

My fears are they would be to light of a footprint to dig in with, is that the case? A fourwheeler I can chain-up. I'm needing to do some close quarter, light duty plowing after a truck has plowed. It is at a four-plex with a small area.

ya they aer much worse at shoving snow around then a 4 wheeler for sure. not that a 4 wheeler is really good either.. to light.

Ray
    Semper Fi!

Check on Youtube, there's a couple videos of an Argo plowing snow. The snow bank he's pushing is pretty big and the Argo doesn't seem to have any problems, he even stops and start plowing again without momentum.

Default I'll check it out.

I'll take a look at that, thanks. If anyone else has more input please feel free to share it. There must be some more argo owners that have plowed???

I plow with mine and it does just fine. I also have a plow for my 4-wheeler but I didn't even put it own last year. It was my first winter with a plow for the Argo. I used my super tracks last year with the plow but I'm going to try it without the tracks this year.

Default More confused.

One for plowing one against, huh.? Now what?

Mine does fine for plowing. Remove the mounts for the summer or they dig in. It's hard on the battery, lights on & up and down with winch.

Works great for me!

I've plowed with 4 wheelers, crew cabs, shortbeds, and...my argo. Is it the best for plowing...no, does it work as well as any 4 wheeler...YUP! One tip...put some weight (i.e. sand bags) in the rear to counter the weight of the plow

My argo plows much more and better than my 4-wheeler. I probably want use my 4-wheeler to plow this year at all.

I have an '08 Avenger 750 efi with the plow and tracks. I tried to plow with just the tires and they seem to loose traction very easily when you get some snow built up infront of you makes it more work that with a four wheeler. As I have one of those as well with the plow. I put my super tracks on and can build a 15' hill next to my lot and give the kids a hill to sled on since we are in tiwn and no where really to go around here. I LOVE IT with the tracks, puches a ton of snow I only use the 4wheeler in the back where it gets kinda tight just to plow the little walkway around the house.