Thread: Dumb question.

Default Dumb question.

My Brother in law and I went shooting this weekend. We were shooting a AK-47 and was consistently hitting 100 yard shots. We then starting talking about hunting and both were wondering if you can hunt in AK with a AK-47. This maybe a stupid question and I probably could look it up in the regs but its always fun to ask on here. So my question is can you and if you can I would love to hear your story. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tnjquinones View Post
    My Brother in law and I went shooting this weekend. We were shooting a AK-47 and was consistently hitting 100 yard shots. We then starting talking about hunting and both were wondering if you can hunt in AK with a AK-47. This maybe a stupid question and I probably could look it up in the regs but its always fun to ask on here. So my question is can you and if you can I would love to hear your story. Thanks
    Hunt away just leave the big mags at home.

There is nothing illegal about using any high capacity semi-auto rifle for hunting in Alaska. The round that the AK shoots is a little small but would do fine for caribou and blacktail deer. I know people that have killed black bears and moose with it, though.

If you choose to use that weapon for hunting be sure to use soft point ammo. As you may be aware, most mil. surp. ammo is FMJ... less than ideal for hunting to be sure.

A friend of mine uses an SKS exclusively for blacktails. One thing about the FMJ's is they are not bad for predators as they don't expand so they tend to make smaller holes in the hide that is if you can hit with them!

Default AK 47 It's not just for people anymore

Mine is the 223 cal just right for coyotes --------And home intruders. I used mine in wisconsin deer hunting, the short time I was there. Man the looks I got coming out of the woods with that thing - Priceless

Default AK Duckman

Where at in Wisconsin did you hunt?