Thread: Raft and camp gear rental in the Copper River valley?

Default Raft and camp gear rental in the Copper River valley?

Raft and camp gear rental in the Copper River valley?

I was wondering if any one does a gear rental business in or around the Glennallen area? I am planning a trip on the Gulkana or Delta next summer and may want ro rent rather than bring my own gear from up here? What about shuttle service for the same area?

Walt

Default copper rentals

we dealt with alaska river wranglers, theyre in copper center, which is a little out of the way from your destinations, but they do rent rafts and gear and run shuttles.

Default Couple of Options

River Wranglers i.e. Nova does a good job ( Gear)

If you sticking to the Gulkana you might want to get with Todd at Sourdough Landing he has a couple of round boats and a newer AIRE Jag rigged out sourdough also offers a shuttle service his number is listed in the Mile Post. ( No gear)

Depeding on your time of course BMR also rents and provides services from Sailors Pit up on the Gulkana Rentals and Gear. One of the biggest differences with BMR is if you rent from BMR during season ie. 8 June - 31 July on the river i.e. Sailors Pit is we pick you up at the recovery point and take you up to the launch site assist you in getting on the way and meet you back at the recovery point i.e. you d not have to deal with the gear or boat.
    We do customize packages that are all inclusive i.e. water purifaction system, axe, saw, tent 4 person 4 season, tarps, cookware, stove, table, 2 sleeping bags rated to 20 above, Two 2 inch thick airmats, coolers, fish baskets, rods, reels, oars, boat, Two over sized Dry Bags, repair kit, resuce line, Two life jackets i.e. all inclusive starting at $165.00 per package per day based on two people more cost may be associated with additional request for gear but will not effect the cost of the boat rental. The above informaiton is based on a 13ft , 14ft or 15ft Round Boat. Cat packages start at $185.00 per day as a gear package. On a side not BMR has several discounts available as well. Also the rental price does not inlcude the shuttle services fee.

Hope the data helps!

Blue Moose

Default Found It Sourdoug Lodge

Winter 208-596-6116 I think he goes to Sand Point ID. in the winter and Summer 907-822-3636 Todd & Patty Denton

:-)

Default Gulkanna

Thanks guys!

Needles to say I have lots of gear but weather or not I want to fly it doen to that area is still a question.

Walt