Thread: Delta Clearwater update?

Default Delta Clearwater update?

Any of you folks found silvers there the last couple days?

Default 20 Sept 2008

Here is a sample report from this last Saturday, still working on the final edits.

http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...57bed248a998d4

Plenty of fish and it should only get better. Grayling were hop & pop caught a few on ESL and a couple on dry fly.

2 Jedi fishing = C&R about 30 coho and 3 chum, bonus 6 grayling
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Thanks! We'll be hauling the SportJon up there this weekend and trying to get into a few of 'em too. Were you up above the boat launch?

My best day there was in '01 or '02...can't remember the exact date. 99 silvers in exactly 8 hours. The other 2 guys in the boat had around 60 and around 95. That was a great day of fishin. Some of them were even hitting Mag Warts fished on the surface. I also caught my largest grayling yet--about 19 inches--there, on a #4 Vibrax.

Hope to get my wife into some good fishing up there this time. She has landed a grand total of one fish so far--a silver, on a 5 wt fly rod.

Went down there today, my only chance for the run this year...between leaving for work on the slope tomorrow and a trip to the 48 I won't be home until the end of October

Anyway, hauled my XS down there and found some nice fishing...caught quite a few on the fly rod throwing purple egg sucking leaches and purple bunnies. Also caught a few back trolling off the boat with wiggle warts while I was trying to eat lunch...takes longer to eat when you have to keep stopping to reel in fish! A few nice grayling where had fishing egg patterns behind the silvers, all in all great fishing, weather was about 50 with out a cloud in the sky.

Pretty much boated the entire Clearwater up and down stream of the state launch, most of the fish where just up a couple bends from the launch and even more just a couple hundred yards below the launch...I'm sure by the weekend more will have moved in.

how late is fishing usually good there? thinking of making my first trip, but might not be more towards the middle of the month

Default Update

Was out on the water there again yeterday, fishing was okay, the boss and I landed about 20 total silvers. Caught some nice grayling again, and it was so cold that my fly pole guides were building up with ice until about noon. Quite a few more people on the water, of course I left the camera in the wrong vehicle, sorry no pics or vids.

Fish On!
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Went there Thursday and only caught one Grayling and one Silver. We were wadding at the State Park area where the river splits.

We saw alot of Grayling, but had no luck catching them. Anybody know what they are hitting on, we tried several dry flies (mosquitos, griffith knats, etc.) and some wets (copper johns), but no luck. The one guy we were with caught one with a #6 Green/Black spot Panther Martin. We threw Mepps, Panther Martins, and Vibrax and no luck.

The four hours we were out there, we only saw 2-3 Silvers? Is the run still coming or a bad year? Do we need a boat to find the better holes?

We fished Saturday, and then a little while Sunday in the snow. Caught a few Silvers and one grayling, on egg sucking leech and egg sucking zonker. Seems like either a weak run, or maybe still pretty early.

Quote Originally Posted by EODnme View Post
    Went there Thursday and only caught one Grayling and one Silver. We were wadding at the State Park area where the river splits.

We saw alot of Grayling, but had no luck catching them. Anybody know what they are hitting on, we tried several dry flies (mosquitos, griffith knats, etc.) and some wets (copper johns), but no luck. The one guy we were with caught one with a #6 Green/Black spot Panther Martin. We threw Mepps, Panther Martins, and Vibrax and no luck.

The four hours we were out there, we only saw 2-3 Silvers? Is the run still coming or a bad year? Do we need a boat to find the better holes?
    There was apretty good school a couple bends up from the boat ramp on Saturday and Sunday. other than that, there were several small schools spread out from the mouth on up as far as we went...a couple miles up from the launch.