Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argo Forums

Question Argo Forums

Does anybody know of any argo forums? I know about Route6X6 and 6x6world.com but just wondering if their was anymore. Just looking for info and tips. Thanks

That's all I know ,Did you get your power problem fixed ?
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I just got my axle replaced that broke on me hunting and haven't had a chance to run it yet. I replaced all my fuel lines also and I just need to check the valve adjustment now. The adjustment is .010 correct? I don't have a book on the engine but I think that's what I found on line.

You need to buy the argo manual if you do not have one. Well worth the price.How did you break an axle ? What year argo do you have ? I guess I'm going to buy a few 8x8 Frontiers next season. Anybody have one ?

I have the Argo service manual. I have a 2000 Conquest. The front axle broke out at the end(flange that has wheel studs) while I was hunting. It broke right by the welds in the front and back so the tire was just flopping. How does the Frontier compare to the Avenger?

Quote Originally Posted by 450HUNTER View Post
    I How does the Frontier compare to the Avenger?
    If you hunt alone like I do most of the time because i can not find anybody to go ,The Frontier also has a pull start if the battery goes dead ,Where as the Avenger and Conquest if the battery goes dead its a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG walk out .

You are correct about that. I'm thinking about putting a second battery in mine if I can. Does the 8x8 Frontier have enough power. I know it has a 23hp B&S but also has bigger tires and weighs more(I think). Also what is the price difference between the Frontier and the Avenger. I tried looking on line but could not find any prices.

Also have you ever moved the position of your driven clutch spring to get more low end torque/power. I have been told to do that and I would see/feel a difference in the power. If so do I need any special tools and what hole should I move it to.

The Frontier is a few grand cheaper then the Avenger ,But on the frontier you can run rubber or plastic tracks. It should be fine on power I had a few argo Responses and it would haul 5 adults thru the nasty stuff just fine and it had the 18 hp Briggs

Never heard of the drive clutch thing But I might do some looking into that

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    ....I had a few argo Responses and it would haul 5 adults thru the nasty stuff just fine and it had the 18 hp Briggs....
    That's what I have, Roger; a 2000 Response.

Did you have overheating problems on warm days and charging problems with your Responses?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's what I have, Roger; a 2000 Response.

Did you have overheating problems on warm days and charging problems with your Responses?
    Charging problems YES replace the modular ,The over heating no But I took the big black funnel that draws the air into the side of the engine out so more air can get in.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Charging problems YES replace the modular.....
    Modular? What's that?

I changed the magnets down by the armature a couple of years ago and gapped them to 0.0010 like the manual said. I also replaced the battery and winch after the dunking in the photo above.

I've had problems ever since. The system often doesn't have enough power to run the winch.

Before this year's hunt I changed the voltage regulator (mounted on the block up front) and charged the battery up good (it's a rather small battery........next I'm going to replace it with an larger Optima or two smaller Optimas).

No improvement.

....The over heating no But I took the big black funnel that draws the air into the side of the engine out so more air can get in.
    My big funnel draws from the top. It sometimes fills up with leaves, and I'm pretty good about reaching in and pulling them out.

When it's a warm day and it feels like it's hot, I just pull the hood and put it in back. It works, but I'd sure like to solve the problem for good........

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    voltage regulator (mounted on the block up front)

That's what I meant.

Rodger,
    Where is the cheapest place to buy a alternator kit for a conquest or is that a dealer item only? My buddy's stator quiet charging on the same trip that my axle broke on. It wasn't a good trip.

Rodger,
    Where is the cheapest place to buy a alternator kit for a conquest or is that a dealer item only? My buddy's stator quiet charging on the same trip that my axle broke on. It wasn't a good trip.
    Not sure ,Every Conquest I have bought in the past has already had the alternator kit in it (So that might say something ) If it is anywhere near as hard to instal it as it is to tighten the belt. Better keep the kids away ,Because the cuss words and tools will be flying .

All Season Argo wants like $800 for the alternator kit and 2.5 hours to install the kit. I told my buddy I would help him install the kit if he bought it so do I need to be busy when he buys the kit. My conquest already had the alternator kit but it sure is hard to even see that dang thing in their. Maybe I'll be sick when he buys the kit. HA!!!HA!!!!!!!!!

Mark

All Season Argo wants like $800 for the alternator kit and 2.5 hours to install the kit. I told my buddy I would help him install the kit if he bought it so do I need to be busy when he buys the kit. My conquest already had the alternator kit but it sure is hard to even see that dang thing in their. Maybe I'll be sick when he buys the kit. HA!!!HA!!!!!!!!!
    Jason at All Seasons Argo told me about $750 for the alternator kit for my 2000 Response, but that would require me to use the hand-pull start pulley for the new alternator, and I'm not sure I want to give that up. At least now when my electrical system fails, I have no problem starting the thing, anyway.

Jason gave me some recommendations to check, and I did so, but it's apparent I need a real automotive electrician with a voltmeter to figure out what's wrong. Other friends with older Argos (without generators) don't have these charging problems.

I think I'll strip all the cooling shrouding off the engine so everything is easily reachable/visible and bring it down to Auto Electric...........

they make hood scoop attachments for them now 18 buck i think at the argo store

The problem is the little rod that comes out of the right master cylinder and connects to the steering stick broke. I cant turn the argo to that side? Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Portia555 View Post
    The problem is the little rod that comes out of the right master cylinder and connects to the steering stick broke. I cant turn the argo to that side? Help!!!
    I always carried 2 spares of these as I have broken them in the past also

Default Argo Critical Part Number

Quote Originally Posted by Portia555 View Post
    This thread was back in 2011, so I know you have the problem fixed now. What I want to say is, I read that these steering pins(rods) that goes between the master cylinder and the turning lever are weak if you have anything older than a 2007 model. I had one break on my 2003 bigfoot the other day. I looked at my 2010 Avenger and they look the same but they are made out of different material now. I bought 3 for my bigfoot. 2 to change them out and 1 spare.

Here is the part no. from Argo:
    K-110 K-110 STEERING PIN KIT

$12.16

Also, you don't have to buy service manuals. You can download every service manual for every model for free from Argo.

2010 Avenger 8x8 750 EFI 31 HP Liquid Cooled
    2003 Bigfoot 6x6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast