Thread: Mountaineer Bows

Default Mountaineer Bows

Just curious if mountaineer bows are any good? Someone in the family had one that they didnt want, so I ended up taking it and wondering if they were a good bow during their day. This one looks to be in good shape, and might start learning another way to hunt.

TIA

Nate

The mountaineer bows were the bow of their day. My dad shoots one and it is a butt kicker of a bow. What model do you have?

Default mountaineer

I use to have one. A few years after I bought it they quit making them. In its day it was a very good bow. Theres surely nothing wrong with using it. If you really like it someday you may want to upgrade to something newer though. The newer bows on the market have better letoff, are faster and smoother. But I am not down talking Mountaineer bows. Like I said they were one of the top bows in their day and can still do the job very well. Parts are a little hard to find for them now though but I think you can get different cams if needed from other bows. Can't remember exactly but I thought High Country cams were interchangable with them. Double check with a local bow shop though. Good Luck.

Not sure on the model, looked last night and it looked worn out where the model number was. When I have some more time I will take a better look. It is still all wrapped up.

Thanks for the replys

Nate