Thread: 7 Rum SA

Default 7 Rum SA

Anyone shooting a 7 mm Rum Short Action?

Default 7mm RUM SA?????

In no way is the 7mm RUM a short action. Do you have something confused in this?

Default 7mm RSAUM

There is or maybe was a 7mm short action ultra mag.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

7mm Remington SAUM, (Short Action, Ultra Magnum)

Nope, don't have one, but I've heard the ballistics are comparable to a 280 AI.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by wyhunter View Post
    In no way is the 7mm RUM a short action. Do you have something confused in this?
    Are you in the room?! The Remington Short Action Ultra Mag is called the RSAUM because it is short (S). I don't know about the Ultra but it is Short. I don't have one but I have seen and loaded ammo for a few of them. Not a bad caliber at all.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

What kind of animal would you shoot with a short action? I was thinking it would be a bit small for moose. Would there be a lot of meat lose because of the fast speed in the bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by eagleriver24 View Post
    What kind of animal would you shoot with a short action? I was thinking it would be a bit small for moose. Would there be a lot of meat lose because of the fast speed in the bullet?
    !!##??? Do you think the Short Action is faster than the long action Ultra Mag??
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by eagleriver24 View Post
    I harvested this caribou last week with a Rem Ti in 7mm rsaum using factory 150 clpsp. I am happy with the performance and would not hesitate to use it on moose or black bear. The bigger browns would be a different story.

This is the second animal that ive taken with this combo. The other was a dall ram taken two years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images