Thread: Local Mud Bugs?

Question Local Mud Bugs?

Does anyone know of a local shop either in the valley or the bowl that carry the Maxxis Mud Bugs?

I am looking for some 26x10x12ís and 26x12x12ís

Thanks

I don't know of anyone carrying them, but most can order them for you. Alaska Mtn. Magic, my local Cat dealer, ordered them for me. I love the tires.

You can order a full set from JC Whitney for $342 delivered. I can guarantee you that you won't find them any cheaper than that up here. I ordered a full set of Mudlites and had them in 3 days for $295.

Give the Wasilla Arctic Cat Dealer (across from Lowes on the Parks Hwy) a call. I have a buddy that bought a AC 400 from them and I believe they put either the mud bugs or mud shark tires on them. Give them a try!
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Go see Paul at Eagle River Polaris and see is he has any left. I put a set of 27's on my ranger and got them for a sweet sweet deal.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Thanks for the input guys,

I have worn out the buttons on my phone calling all the local dealers some more than once and continue to have no local luck.

A few shops did have them but sold out and said they will not be re-ordering them, I have no idea why but that is what I was told.

I have gone online and found the best price to be 299.96 for a set of 4 26 inchers shipped at www.motosport.com So I guess I will go that route.

I just hate to wait and would rather do business local even if the cost were a bit more.

Again thanks for the input. Now to find a place to mount them that won't charge an arm and a leg

Quote Originally Posted by REMF View Post
    Now to find a place to mount them that won't charge an arm and a leg
    Yeah now thats the hard part, everyone runs about $100-150$. They definitely make there money.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by REMF View Post
    Thanks for the input guys,

I have worn out the buttons on my phone calling all the local dealers some more than once and continue to have no local luck.

A few shops did have them but sold out and said they will not be re-ordering them, I have no idea why but that is what I was told.

I have gone online and found the best price to be 299.96 for a set of 4 26 inchers shipped at www.motosport.com So I guess I will go that route.

I just hate to wait and would rather do business local even if the cost were a bit more.

Again thanks for the input. Now to find a place to mount them that won't charge an arm and a leg
    Something to think about...

If businesses are not re-ordering the mud bugs there must be a reason. If they were selling well they would re-order them. No company intentionally goes out of their way to not make money. You might want to look at some other tires that have good reviews and are more commonly found in the local area. They may be good tires but you can probably find a comparable tire locally. I agree with you...locally is where you should spend your money if you can.

Have you looked at the Swamp Lites??? Give them a little attention before you make up your mind.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AKMuddy View Post
    Have you looked at the Swamp Lites??? Give them a little attention before you make up your mind.
    I have looked at the lites, I have read reviews on many tires on different forums, another good trail/mud tire other than the bugs were the Outlaw MST, but to no avail up here.

It seems most ATV and tire shops seem to stick to 1 brand like gopro they sell ITP and the Yammy dealer in Anch, ITP or the Swamp Lites.

What a great business opportunity in Anch or the Valley to have an ATV tire shop that carries a Varity of different tires and rims where a guy or gal could walk in and get what they wanted. Lord knows AK must be the ATV capital of the world right?

I have no idea how to start a poll but I bet quite a few people have ordered tires or rims on-line due to lack of local availability.

ERPAC sold several sets of Mud Bugs, they moved very well. It was a simple bulk order along with bighorns and STI's. They are fantastic tires. Sure alot of shops carry ITP, why i couldn't say but I personally dont like the way they wear.

Just a quick update for anyone that is interested in Bugs. Found a set of 27Ē at Johnson tire in ER. Mounted for 390.00 or so.

What a great tire, took them out the other day and crawled thru mud holes I would have winched thru with stock tires. And the ground clearance going from 25ís to 27ís holly molly, on a trail I would regularly bottom out several times I didnít even hit my skid plate once.

Mounted for $390??? Like 4 tires, AND mounted? Now THATS a deal!