Thread: Hay Flats - and stolen decoy

Default Hay Flats - and stolen decoy

Sunday was bleak, one guy seemed to do OK but most of the people I saw on Sunday were in the same boat as us - a severe lack of birds.

Did see 3 flocks of Snow geese however....I had to do a double take on them becuase I first thought they were swans.

Now on to one other thing - someone decided to steal one duck decoy I left back at the Knik Portage sitting in my wagon where i left it because the weight was missing. Now granted, that decoy was probably only worth about $5, but what bothers me is that you took it out my wagon, and the wagon was clearly marked with my Name. It was a hen Magnum Mallard Carry Lite (made in Italy) decoy. I doubt the thief even comes in here to read anyway.

Next time you see something that clearly belongs to someone else - please just leave it alone. I know of two guys over there that day that wouldn't have taken it, but there was a couple of guys camping at the launch that I dont know.

What bothers me is that we put the decoy on the ground next to the wagon originally and I went and picked it up and put it in back in the wagon becuase I figured if it was laying on the ground somone might steal it claiming it was just laying there. They took it anyway. Guess its my fault for even leaving it there. That wont happen again!

I had over $10K worth of aluminum stole in the last few months. I know how it feels.
    Do you think all the birds are gone south. I have been in Cody Wy for the last two weeks and more and more birds are showing here.
    I will not get back to Alaska until 10/11 and hope to finish Oct. killing birds.

Its not the first time things have been stolen there. We had a "rash" of thievery a couple years ago. For your information, I left at around noon, and I dont believe the decoy was in your cart (its the 4 wheeled cart I'm guessing). I didn't really pay that much attention, but I dont remember seeing one in there. That sort of narrows it down as I know 3 of the guys out there, plus your group. It only leaves one group left......

Wink

did you ask akpm?

Quote Originally Posted by dan g View Post
    did you ask akpm?
    LMAO Sorry about you deek. Stupid people.