Thread: Whittier report Sunday 9/21/08 -- Zilch

Default Whittier report Sunday 9/21/08 -- Zilch

Went and hit all my "If there any are fish around, they'll be here" holes.

Nada, Zip, Nothing. A few fish on the finder 30-60 feet but they sure werent biting. The only silvers around are the ones who've decided to go back out to open ocean for another year. Everything else have made their runs up the streams/rivers.

The run should have gone on for another couple weeks, but I think the cold summer and early low water temps have hit the fishy "I'm done" button.

Like the other post, time to clean it out and button it up for the winter.

Dang it...

When did you come in?

I thought I maybe saw a boat that looked like your "avatar" out there coming in around maybe 6:30? Figured you were doing what I was doing though i didn't check as many spots I sure didn't find anything either and am ready to button up for the year also. Did see a silver caught right by town in the ten minutes I fished there though....but the fishing looked far from hot there as well.

take care

Bayrunner

We got disgusted (and cold) and came in around 4 or so, there was a little bit of a line at the west ramp but not too bad - good thing there werent many boats on the water since the east ramp is closed.

Kind of a bumpy ride out heading directly into the waves, had to come off plane and chug along at 10 MPH, coming in was a little better since I was parallel to the waves and not trying to pound through them.

We saw 1 silver jump at the entrance of shotgun cove, and that was the only fish we saw all day.

Man, what a difference from two weeks ago where I could have limited out in about 2 hours if I hadnt been picky about size, I was actually shocked that there werent any fish to be had.