Thread: Kawasaki Brute Force Tires?

Default Kawasaki Brute Force Tires?

I have a Brute force 650i and was about to purchase some new mud lite tires. Is there anyone out there who has put 27in tires on their's and if so would you recommend this or should I just go with the 26in tire instead? Don't want to run into any clutch or drivetrain troubles down the road.
    Thanks for any info.....

Unfortunately the clutch system on the kawi's are not as strong as the yami's, suzuki's, or AC's. The good news is the kawi is much easier to clutch at a cost effective price. You could easily turn 27's and with some minor clutch work you would regain almost all the power you lost. I had 28" mudbugs on my BF750 and I found the perfect spring and weight combo. Talk about a wheeling SOB! The neck snapping power was amazing.

With the kawi's you have to know the machine's limit. Say you hit a big mudhole and you're stuck like snot on a flag pole in winter. If you try to power out of the bog you will wear out belts very quickly. You have to know when to accept defeat and pull out the winch cable. At least the kawi' belts are cheap.

Personally, I would go with the larger tire. Also don't overlook mudbugs. I had 3000+ very rough miles on those tires and they showed exceptional wear for that kind of mileage.

Hey, thanks for the info on the tires, I'll check out the mud bugs! Also, since running these larger tires have you or anyone reading this post, noticed a big change in your handling due to the higher center of gravity? Like the idea of larger tires for the mud although, don't want to raise the center of gravity to much and make it useless on side-hills?
    Thanks again WG....

check this site out www.nyrocatv.com go to the brute force forums. they have all the info you will ever need. if you need an owners manual let me know. i also run 28" on my 07 BF 750 did some spring work, didn't have to, runs as good as new..

Great site, thanks dalemac!