Thread: My to short hunt and a caribou.....

Smile My to short hunt and a caribou.....

My son-in-law and I did not find a legal bull moose. I shot a small bull caribou on the 15th and it should provide some good eats for us this winter. We still have some of that Koyukuk moose left from last year and a bunch of fish. I banged up my shin bone a couple of hours before we hit the trail. Still hurts, my own stupid fault. Lost the breaks on the 6-wheeler that does not have the engine breaking system on it. Yeehaw! My 6-wheeler acted like it was going to die and lost power a few times. That sucked. There was more grizzly crap then I have ever seen there, did not see a bear. Lets talk about the wind and rain. Could not sleep, thought I was going to have to drive a machine into the tent to keep it from leaving it was blowing so hard. Someone was in the camp sight I established years ago. They probably burned up all the fire wood we left there. Had a hard time keeping the meat dry so we finally weighed everything out and came home. We had fun and had a safe trip. It is good to be home with the family.

Sounded like a nightmare, lol. Better than staying home and being miserable though not being able to hunt and be outdoors.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Hubert NC

Default Sounds tough

My hunt was wetter than you would like as well. Sounds like you made the best of it and probably a smart decesion. Glad to hear that you had some sucess.