Thread: Sat Report

Default Sat Report

Hunted the flats yesterday. We were not able to get to the orginal place and fell back on a blind I have used successfully in the past..only like many others...we waited on the birds. Scratched 3 with 5 of us...you can imagine that any bird that flew in range had almost all 15 shells of steel flying around him so the ones that did fly by fell...did not hear many shots fired up on duck lake or the water across RS. Heard a few come from the river and a few back froms Jims Creek area...Was a slow morning duckhunting but a great one with friends.

Anyone got any suggestions..because I know the big northerns are not here yet....they should start arriving any moment,,need a push of weather.

Anyone that hunted Jims Creek, post and let us know what you saw out there.

Thanks

Stick with it out on the flats. There out there. Killed 6 friday 16 saturday and 13 today. One drake was bout 95% plummed out. No big flocks yet but won't be long with fairbanks getting cold weather. I'm giving them a break until Saturday and then its hammertime.

Default Palmer Hay Flats?

Hit 20 Mile/Placer last week with very little luck. My boy jumped his first duck, I think it was a teal, but I dont know my birds that well. Hopefully with this colder weather they will start moving in greater numbers down there. In the meantime, can someone tell me where the Palmer Flats are, at least where it starts. I may head that way on Friday for a Walk in hunt with my boy. Can somebody just pull over on the side of the road or is there parking areas that I need to go to access the area. Thanks in advance, Andy
    2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
    150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
    Call Sign - "Defiance"

friends of palmer hay flats has a good deal of access info with maps on this link.

Cottonwood creek is the "walk in" system with an ATV trail. Rabbit slough is for boats and canoes. I have seen folks walking in from the highway before the Palmer-Wasilla overpasses, but I don't think they were duck hunting.

you guys wait til i get my atv fur next yr. me & my dog will be in first. should i turn my lights off? let them teal pass i'll shoot 'em. i'll be in even quicker. no, it's not about who limits out faster so just relax. just wish i had one now. it's killing me. wish i hadn't paid the bills with my pfd.