Thread: Marlin Guide Gun Stock Question

Default Marlin Guide Gun Stock Question

I'd like to buy a composite (read all weather) stock for an 1895 Guide Gun in 45/70. Any information about who makes these would be apprecaited.

Ram line makes a synthetic stock for the Marlin 336. If the 1895 guide gun is the same as the 336 it should work. One idea.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

I don’t know about a “synthetic” stock……… I think WWG has one but don’t know for sure. Brockman’s sells a high end laminate stock set also. Not nearly as hideous and stupid looking as a composite stock on a lever gun (obviously not “fact” just one mans opinion) but they run around $350 or so.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Default Stock

Look at the MPI line of stocks. www.mpistocks.com

I've got the RamLine one..it's junk. I just kept my wood stock on it and it's done fine..even in the rain and crap on Montague.

There's been some on here that have coated the wood stocks in bed liner material. It looks really nice, and they say it is really strong.

The spray on bedliner works very well and is easy to use and touch up down the road. I guess you do have to be carefull of not getting too much 100% deet on it though. This is what my guide gun looked like with the bedliner stock.

Default hi

its really nice where can i get it from

hap

The stock is held on by a stock bolt and has very little "technical" fitting in the inletting... Grind out some relief, slather a little Marine-tex in the critical area and forget about it. It is not like the stock is going to warp and cause you grief...