Thread: dingy recommendations

Default dingy recommendations

Anyone out there have any recommendations.

I'm looking for a 6-8' dingy to put on my boat. I'd prefer something light wieght, compact and durable. Something to strap on top that can carry 600-800 lbs... No motor transom needed. Would be nice it would accept the Oar Saddles from my Pro-Pioneer.

Default Achilles

I have an 8' hypalon Achilles for going to/from shore. It works great, weighs about 36 lbs. I can only put in a handful of gear, though. Recently I had a 32 qrt cooler between my legs, a gun, and two day packs, and it was full. Weight was no problem; room was. I like the air valves on the Achilles, too; seem more solid than others I've seen, and so far they hold air real well. j

Default W-E-L-L... Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by WinMag View Post
    ...I'm looking for a 6-8' dingy...something light wieght, compact and durable. Something to strap on top that can carry 600-800 lbs...Would be nice it would accept the Oar Saddles from my Pro-Pioneer.
    Well, I would check Fairbanks. Seems to be a lot of "dingys" up there in the 6' range anyway. Some might think they're close to 8', but I dunno..they are definately lightweights, but I'm not sure how durable. They all readily accept Oar Saddles and PP boats... usually without question.

heh...

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default 8 footer

Mike Are you talking about a Fairbanks 8ft Sasquatch with Oar Saddles mounted on him.? Can a Sasquatch swim with 800 lbs loaded on him?
    Do you go with the 9ft or 10ft oars?
    The 6 footer can't handle no 800 lbs maybe 400 lbs for a short distance.
    and with the Oar Saddles go with the 6ft of 7ft oar system.

Default Question for Max

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskacanoe View Post
    Mike Are you talking about a Fairbanks 8ft Sasquatch with Oar Saddles mounted on him.? Can a Sasquatch swim with 800 lbs loaded on him?
    Do you go with the 9ft or 10ft oars?
    The 6 footer can't handle no 800 lbs maybe 400 lbs for a short distance.
    and with the Oar Saddles go with the 6ft of 7ft oar system.
    Max,

I only have one question on this;

Is that your high school yearbook photo you're using for an Avatar?

:-)

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default its a ritter ronery

being Kim Jung Il.
    and yes it is a high school picture. I have larger glasses now.
    We in North Kowea Ruve Araska.
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Default The Mighty Titan

Several years ago we needed a lightweight inflatable to go on top of our jetboat for exploring and emergencys. We bought a 8'6" Titan with inflatable keel from Marita's. It has a wood transom which will handle up to 10Hp motors, but that was way too much power. We now use a 3HP and its plenty of power. The boat without motor weighs about 80 lbs., which makes it manageable but sometimes awarkward.
    One moose season we knocked down a big one way off the river. TMT hauled two hunters, rifles, emergency gear, gas and two moose quarters no problem. Just had to take it slow and carefull.

SeaULater