Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brichwood shooting range

Default Brichwood shooting range

Has any one been there is a good range or do you know of a better one it is the only one i found with a range longer than 100m I would like to see how my new A-Bolt 7mm Rem Mag shoots past 100m

Its a good range, well worth the price to shoot there.

If you're in the military, talk to your RSO, about signing out a military range. Thats what I do.

Thanks yea i looked in to that but some times i like to get away from post sence i live on post

Birchwood is my personal favorite in the area. The range facilities are top notch and the staff is.......well polite and helpful if not the most friendly. I just spent a afternoon sighting in my .338 win/mag and had a great day!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

My only objection to any covered position range is the A-holes that want to shoot there rifles with a break. Birchwood is a vary fine range. The people I've found to be vary friendly and willing to help. I given up on the yearly membership as I have a range at home. Only paying three or four times a year is cheaper than the annual membership.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Thanks I will go check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    My only objection to any covered position range is the A-holes that want to shoot there rifles with a break. Birchwood is a vary fine range. The people I've found to be vary friendly and willing to help. I given up on the yearly membership as I have a range at home. Only paying three or four times a year is cheaper than the annual membership.
    No brake on the .338 win/mag but I love the way you can feel it bark through the soles of your feet, it definately has a voice! Not sure the folks around me feel the same....sorry.
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

I have heard how great the .338 is i would love to shoot one i am shure if i do i will get one but i realy like my 7mm win mag seems not so common out here but i think it is a great round

I actually prefer the 300win/mag but with very similar ballistics and a heavier bullet the .338 is definitely accurate, hard hitting and fun to shoot,............. for the first 6 rounds. I also was able to make a really great trade for mine. It's a TC encore with a MGM 1:10 twist bull barrel, custom thumb hole stock and a 3-9X40 Leupold. Absolute tack driver!
    BHA Member

The .338 WIN mag, the rifle that kills from both ends.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

The .338 WIN mag, the rifle that kills from both ends.
    Take it your not a fan. I think after a few more days at the range I'll "settle into" it more and the recoil will become less of an issue. In the past I have always had a brief "getting the snot pounded out of me" period before I get comfortable with a new gun. Same thing happened when I switched from 30-06 to 300 win mag took about 3 range days before that gun and I got along.

Just occured to me that the marlin 1895 in 45/70 is the one exception, everyone I've had the pleasure of shooting fit right the first time, weird considering I'm 6'3" and 210lbs.
    BHA Member

I love .300 win mag but i got such a good deal on my 7mm win mag i had to take it

The 7mm is a great all around gun to, lots of great calibers out there....life is great ain't it?
    BHA Member

Default yeah it shure is

that is why i got it i can hunt small black tail deer or a moose just change my round for my game

LOL more than once I was the only person shooting at the entire range and what do you think happens? Someone pulls up, sets up right beside of me, and starts blasting rounds out of a large caliber braked rifle. That really eerks me. I do really like shooting at birchwood though.

that was nice of him

I was out there yesterday also, testing new deer loads in my .338 with brake. I try to pick a bench as far away from the other shooters as possible. We had another shooter (at the 100 yard range) who was shooting a .460 S&W with compensated barrel at 10 yards. I'll admit, it was a little hard to concentrate. However, Birchwood is a very nice range, for $10 you can't beat it. I didn't check the hours of operation, does anyone know what the range schedule is?
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    LOL more than once I was the only person shooting at the entire range and what do you think happens? Someone pulls up, sets up right beside of me, and starts blasting rounds out of a large caliber braked rifle. That really eerks me. I do really like shooting at birchwood though.

My ears have not stopped ring in five years from a clown at the 300 yard range shooting a breaked .338 Win mag. I had ear plugs and muff on, still had to get in the car and close the door and my hearing suffered from the sound.

I find that my temper gets short with such people. I want to pick their rifle up out of the rest and club them with it. When I get that mad, it's time for me to go home.

Sorry to hear that Al.

Mine has no muzzle brake and I do everything I can to sit on the end away from other shooters. It's really the brake on a in-closed range that is the issue, maybe those who have braked big bore rifles can learn from your story. I know I'll be more aware of my spot choice at the range.
    BHA Member

It costs like ten dollars to shoot there right? That's really a fair price to shoot all day long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast