Thread: Black Bear

Default Black Bear

Has anyone ever hunted for black bear down by the russin river i saw at least ten different black bear and two different browns when i was fishing for reds down there been wanting to do some hunting but dont know any one who hunts out here so just trying to get some info thanks

Default blackies on russian

there was a guy who shot a black bear during fishing season this year. not too sure how far away from the river they would travel with the fish done running. dont think they would go too far though!

There are many bears out in that area- Try glassing the hills just behind Russian river.

I was just north of that area a couple of times this summer. Saw a bunch of browns, but the few blacks I saw were out of range. There was tons of sign though so I know they're there.

Quote Originally Posted by LBZ42 View Post
    Has anyone ever hunted for black bear down by the russin river i saw at least ten different black bear and two different browns when i was fishing for reds down there been wanting to do some hunting but dont know any one who hunts out here so just trying to get some info thanks
    Just shoot me a PM and tell me where the area is at and I will let you know if there are any bears there. Then I will tell you about a guy I know who hunts there....