Thread: Raptor Rescue

Default Raptor Rescue

Curious if there is a raptorial bird rescue group in the valley. I found an injured but alive bird today. I have the GPS coordinates to the bird and I doubt that he will be moving much. I approached to within 5 feet and it was in pretty rough shape, cold shivering etc. I figure that even as bad as it was looking it would probably do a number on me if I tried to handle it so 5' is as close as I got
    Anyone have any ideas?

There is a guy that lost his falcon. Last seen Wasilla High school and in Houston. Is it a Falcon? 500.00 reward if it is. You can split the reward with me

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    There is a guy that lost his falcon. Last seen Wasilla High school and in Houston. Is it a Falcon? 500.00 reward if it is. You can split the reward with me
    I would guess so, it is white with black speckels, Not to ask your number <grin> but if you know what the bird looks like I can text you a picture on your cell for comparison. I did not see any tethers on it though. I am trying to figure out how to get the pics off of the phone to load them up here.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I would guess so, it is white with black speckels, Not to ask your number <grin> but if you know what the bird looks like I can text you a picture on your cell for comparison. I did not see any tethers on it though. I am trying to figure out how to get the pics off of the phone to load them up here.
    You know you want to call me!!! I have no idea what his bird looks like. It is posted in lost/found on Craigslist. He states that he had jesses and bells on it. Maybe you should call him. 841-2396.

He said the bird would probably land on you shoulder. Maybe you should go back over there with a moose steak or something. ha ha (joke)

I sent the guy with the lost bird a picture of it. I don't think it is the same bird though after looking up "peregrine falcon" images.

The bird I found was a red tail hawk. I included a pic from Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redtailed_hawk

Dr. Bert Gore 745-3236. Exotic bird rescue. Maybe you should try to call him.

I called the Alaska Wild Bird Rehabilitation Center They had a few suggestions and gave me some ideas on how to catch it.... I am not sure if I am interested in catching a wild hawk though... If my cousin is interested we may give it a shot, it would make for a neat story... I'll keep you posted if I go back after it!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I called the Alaska Wild Bird Rehabilitation Center They had a few suggestions and gave me some ideas on how to catch it.... I am not sure if I am interested in catching a wild hawk though... If my cousin is interested we may give it a shot, it would make for a neat story... I'll keep you posted if I go back after it!
    Hey that sounds like fun a few beers then go out and catch it. Good times. Once my best friend and I where at Little Campbell Lake fishing and on the way out we saw a chicken in the woods. She went one way, I went the other and we threw a jacket on it. Kinda like the alligator thing, cover its eyes and it doesn't move much. Get behind it, throw a towel or blanket over it and put it in a box with holes in it, not to big so it thrashes around.
    If you do go, let me know. I will bring the video camera and beer