Thread: Bison Hunt on Schultz Farms Info

Default Bison Hunt on Schultz Farms Info

A summary of bison hunting on Schultz Farms -
    We own four tracts of land - If given permission it will be to bison hunt only, NO Other Hunting / Killing is Allowed! - We do not do reservations - You need to pay a $350 trespass fee if successful - You may only drive on specified field roads - Once your bison is down you may drive to it - We have rules that must be followed - Only one hunting party per tract is allowed - You need to fill out a check in sheet - If we have an opening you'll be assigned a tract - you'll be given a map with our rules on back - Congrats on your permit & happy hunting. Oh yeah, there's more so call if you have questions.
    Diana Schultz - 895-4865

Do you have to have a draw tag to hunt for these bison on your land, or is it open to applications? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by aknewby View Post
    Do you have to have a draw tag to hunt for these bison on your land, or is it open to applications? Thanks.
    The hunt this post is referring to is a drawing permit hunt, either DI403 or DI404.

Default how Big???

How big are the tracts of land?

Quote Originally Posted by AFHunter View Post
    How big are the tracts of land?
    They're pretty good sized chunks. I think tract U is over 1000 acres. I hunted there in 2003/04 and saw a few animals. Also tract N was good. Ultimately we killed a bison on private property other than Schultz's.

I spoke with Diana Schultz in August after permits came out. I believe thier smallest tract was around 1,200 acres and the largest around 1,700 acres, but that just from memory. Mrs. Schultz was very helpful to talk to. Even if you aren't able to hunt their land, she has alot of knowledge of the farms in the area and can point you in a good direction.