Thread: Whittier Slips

Question Whittier Slips

Hey everyone,

I am about 4 to 5 years before bring my 30ft Sea Ray north. I know about the long wait list for slips. Thinking of starting to put my name on the list.

Once you are lucky enough to get a slip, what is the annual fee for the slip?

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Depends on the size of the boat, they charge by the foot i believe. The way things is going in ****tier i bet it will be 5-6 grand by the time you get your boat here

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    Depends on the size of the boat, they charge by the foot i believe. The way things is going in ****tier i bet it will be 5-6 grand by the time you get your boat here
    yeah it is 30ft. It may just be cheaper to get a season parking spot and just stick in there when not in use.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    MMSI# 338131469

Unless things change, the last thing you will have to worry about is the fees. I have been on the 28-34' list something like 4 years and I am number 76, I think. They tell me it will be another 10-15 years. I just heard of someone that was on the 0-28' list that got through the list in 4 or 5 years, but that is a max lenght of 28' including swimstep, motos, etc, so that is a pretty small boat and they currently have more slips in this class.

Jim

Question one time fee?

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    Unless things change, the last thing you will have to worry about is the fees. I have been on the 28-34' list something like 4 years and I am number 76, I think. They tell me it will be another 10-15 years. I just heard of someone that was on the 0-28' list that got through the list in 4 or 5 years, but that is a max lenght of 28' including swimstep, motos, etc, so that is a pretty small boat and they currently have more slips in this class.

Jim
    Hey Jim,

When you pay the $40 to get on the list is this a one-time fee or do you have to pay it each year to stay on the list?

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    MMSI# 338131469

You pay each year. They send you a reminder, but if you miss the payment date (I don't remember what the grace period is) then you are off the list.

It is $40 per list per year. If you are not sure what list you need to be on and want to be on two of them, then it is $80 per year. I am pretty sure that Seward is the same fee, the difference is you can actually get a slip there.

Jim

Question scam

sounds like the longer they can keep you on the list, the more money they make. Kind of like a scam...........................

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    MMSI# 338131469