Thread: Fishing Report Lower Kenai Silvers?

Default Fishing Report Lower Kenai Silvers?

Just wondering if anyone has fished the lower river the past couple of days. Heading down there tomorrow to try and get some late season silvers. Wondering how bad the water conditions are?

We fished around river miles 13-15, Falling in Hole-Big Eddy. River is pretty high. Saw only a couple of fish taken-we were fishing in the afternoon. A guide buddy of mine said that it was slowing down, but the best fishing is first thing in the morning. The fish we saw were chrome bright.

Default Kenai Silvers

River is high for this time of year. Fish close to the shore. Got 6 yesterday, 8 day before. Company gone so took today off to rest. Big fish, all 13 to 14.5

Default Kenai Report

Weather and fish were pretty good this morning on the lower kenai. 3 of us fishing got 5 fish. I got one, one guy limited with 3 and his son got one. I would say they ranged from 11-14 pounds. Nice fish with sea lice. We could have all had our limit if we would have got all the fish in we had on. I had two get off and missed another 4 bites. From the looks of it we had better luck than most, we only saw maybe 4 other fish boated between 6-7 boats.

Default limit

not trying to be a downer here, but FYI, the limit is 2 not 3.
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

I think the limit raised to 3 on Sept. 1. I may be wrong but I think that was a change from the last BOF meeting along with the extension of the season through November.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    I think the limit raised to 3 on Sept. 1. I may be wrong but I think that was a change from the last BOF meeting along with the extension of the season through November.
    I think your right. I remember something about Sept 1st raising the limit to 3 and also use of bait and multiple hooks.

Default Limit is now 3 per day

Starting September 1st the limit did indeed go to three a day and the season was extended until November 30th.

Madman

It has been bait and multiple hooks since August 1. On Sept. 1 the limit went to 3 but the river is closed to fishing with bait above the Upper Killey River. Again, I am not down there fishing right now and I am about 95% those are the correct regulations, check before you go out. Also, you must hang your rod up after your last silver if fishing below the Soldotna bridge, above the bridge you can continue to fish after your 3rd silver.
    Please don't C&R silvers anywhere on the river (unless they are colored up), they have a very high C&R mortality. Use your fishing time for trout after retaining your silvers.

oops.... wow, shows you how much fishing i've done in the last couple weeks.
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.