Thread: HH Impertec Questions

Default HH Impertec Questions

What's the difference between the original and impertec II?

For hunting, do you use the bibs or the waist pants?

What price is a good deal on the bibs and waist pants?

I appreciate it.
    Thanks,

Just got back from my hunt where it rained every single day, so my Impertechs got some use I can't answer your question on original vs. impertech II, just not sure. Regarding bibs vs. pants, I have bibs. I like them for fishing on a boat or other activities where I'm not moving much. However, I wore them this week quite a bit and sweated up the insides in a hurry while walking through brush all day. But with polypro and fleece underneath, I never really got cold or chilled while sitting still. Would the pants have kept me just as dry while allowing my torso area to breath? Probably, as most of the brush I was walking through was fairly low stuff. I guess it's probably more a matter of preference as to going with pants or bibs.

As for prices, I think (not positive) I paid $54 for my bibs at Army Navy in Anchorage. I believe the jacket usually runs $57. Definitely don't pay over $60 for either as you can get them cheaper.

Default Thaks for the info

I found the bibs for $49, guess that is a good price.

I prefer pants to bibs. This weekend I was driving a jon boat while wearing my Impertechs. The pants had what appeared to be small scuff scratches, one on each leg. Both legs leaked big time through those dull scratches. These pants have been well cared for and there is no visible sign that the coating was penetrated.

Impertech is barely better than disposable gear in my book. I'll replace these pants with another set, but I have realistic expectations of Impertech's durability.

The best time of the year is the Sportsmans Show for Impertech. If you don't need them now then I would tell you to wait and outfit the whole family. I paid around $75 last year for the bibs and delux jacket together. I am going to buy the wife a set next year and get a set of the pants for myself.

Default my thoughts

I respectfully disagree with Mr. Pid's opinion about Impertech. I was hunting with a guy wearing Grundens this fall. We pushed through some pretty tough stuff...his ripped, mine didn't. If I were you Pid, I would contact Impertech and see what they will do for you, I haven't heard too many say they weren't durable enough. What will you get in place of them. I slid down a rock slide and etched some scratches in the backside, but nothing that would cause me to pitch them.

Back on subject, anytime you are walking, Pants are the way to go. I try to wear only the bibs when I am fishing and pants when hunting. BTW, Impertech holds fish smell really well in case you are trying to bait bear in a non-baiting area

If you think Impertech is durable you aren't working it very hard. I never said I don't like it, I do. I said it's barely better than disposable rain gear, which is true. I don't think Helly Hanson ever intended it to be forever gear. That's why it's cheap.

+1 for Impertech being whimpy... rendered mine useless quite quickly...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Impertech is definitely not rain gear for the bush. Period. A month is all I could get out of it before failure.

Thumbs up 2nd season

Wore my Impertec for a second season this year... Was only expecting one season out of them... Still good for a third. Spent 11 days in nasty brush, alders, devil's clubs, and blueberry bushes... and RAIN.

Pants were great when I put suspenders on them, drawstring wasn't quite enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster_AK View Post
    Wore my Impertec for a second season this year... Still good for a third. Spent 11 days in nasty brush, alders, devil's clubs, and blueberry bushes... and RAIN.
    you must have some pretty mean ballet skills to tip toe through the alders and devils club without ruining your Impertechs...lol...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....