Thread: what to sell a Rem 7mm for

Default what to sell a Rem 7mm for

I wan to sale my Remington model 700 7mm Mag with a Leupold 2x7 scope, but don't know what to charge. If it makes a difference it's a left hand gun. I was thinking of 600$ but don't want to rip anyone off. What would you pay for one?
    Last edited by Murphy; 09-19-2008 at 13:34.

What kind of scope and which remington.

Leupold scopes come in these along with many other models

Vari-x II
    vari-x III

VX-I
    VX-III
    VX-III

Remington 7 mags come in many different versions too.

How good of shape is your rifle in.

A decent shape BDL with a vari-x II would cost around 600 ish or so maybe less maybe more. If you feel fine getting $600 then you could start there and see what kind of responses you get.

On this forum rifles sell pretty low so give it a week before lowering the price too much. You could try other classifieds or your best bet here is with a decent trade.

It has to have pictures.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Dave, a good way to find the market value of your gun is to check gunbroker.com and see what your make and model is selling for and it's also a good place to sell it. I would also recommend selling your scope separately on Ebay or gunbroker. I think you will get more from individual sales. Leave the rings with the rifle, unless you want them for your next rifle.

There may be people interested in your rifle who don't want your scope and vise versa. Selling separate is definitely the best option.

And like Rmiller said, you need to be more specific about info and have pics.

I will second the selling of the scope seperate.

Leaving the scope on the rifle will only add about 50% value of the scope and may not add anything if the scope is not what the buyer wants.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

What year is the 700, what configuration, what condition? I was at GNG a week or so back and they had an older one, wood stocked for $350.

As the scope is a 2X7, I'm assuming it's a VX-II, which go for about $150 used.

Despite the popularity of the 7mag, they just don't garner alot of attention on the used market up here. If it was a 338 mag, you'd sell it right quick. I'm thinking $600 might take awhile for it to sell, and it should move along for $500.

I just bought a browning A-Bolt medalon 7mm Rem Mag for $630 it was bran new with a walnut finshed stock they had to lower the price because 7mm wont sell up here for some reason. the retail ia $950 for the same gun so good luck i would just keep it if you dont get what you want for it is there any thing you would trade for