Thread: Foxpro Scorpion Electronic Caller

Default Foxpro Scorpion Electronic Caller

Anyone have one of the Foxpro Scorpion Electronic Callers, seems small and I would hope the performance was high like it's price tag.
    Last edited by AKFishOn; 09-18-2008 at 22:40. Reason: remove url

Default pic

Here is a pic and description.
    Lightweight, remote-controlled caller is small enough to fit in your back pocket, but includes the high-tech features of callers three times its size. A micro 1GB SD card holds up to 200 calls, and comes loaded with 100 high-quality sounds. Built-in Mylar® cone speaker and power amplifiers produce crisp, lifelike sounds at high volumes. Extra speaker jacks can accommodate two external speakers. Battery management system regulates power for maximum output, even when batteries are low. Control sounds, volume, external speakers, timers and turn the unit on and off with the state-of-the-art TX-200 remote. Readable, backlit LCD screen displays the names of each call, and includes volume, battery and mute-status indicators. Get precise volume control with a durable rotary dial. Four custom presets on the remote keep your favorite calls at your fingertips, and the recall button allows you to switch between two sounds. Instantly download new sounds with the built-in USB port. Play MP3s, uncompressed WAV files, and FYP files. Includes charging jack. Runs on eight AA batteries (not included).
    Camo colors: Mossy Oak® Brush®, Mossy Oak® Break-Up®.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i haven't seen or heard one yet but anything made by foxpro is going to work pretty darn good. I have an FX5 now and love it. I've also owned a few of there older models and all have been good. Only thing i wish they would have done with it is give it a rechargable battery. Kinda sucks having that small of a caller and then having to carry a ton of spare batteries around. Give us a report if you pick one up.
    IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN CAN I BLAME MY PENCIL FOR MISSPELLED WORDS?

I have one and love it. I hunt in the woods of PA mostly, so the volume is adequate. If you were to get one, I would also purchase an external speaker for calling in wide open areas.

I actually am considering selling mine because I am buying an engagement ring very soon. Let me know if you are interested at all. It is in new condition.

I have seen them used in Kansas with good success.

Default What and where

What do you plan on using the caller to hunt? It is no longer legal to use electronic callers for big game in AK or many other states. Predators are a different story though.
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

Default you still can

You can use electronic calls for everything except moose as far as i know. They just changed the regs on moose this year, but everything else is still open for electronic calls. Such as bears.

Thanks
    Carl