Thread: Swamp Lites.....Anyone running them?

Default Swamp Lites.....Anyone running them?

Well I am selling my Brand new 26" Mud Lite XL's on the factory Suzuki wheels on craigs list and have a set of 27" Interco Swamp Lites on the way mounted on some ITP wheels. Have any of you used the Swamp Lites? They appear to be a very aggressive all-terrain tire with good mud capabilities yet they supposedly ride very smooth on rough terrain. Heres a pic of em from the Interco website

http://www.intercotire.com/site97.php

Default price

how much ?

I am getting them for less than $400 delivered to Fairbanks

$400 shipped? They have got to be used for that price. If you want to learn more about those tires go to Highlifter.com and ask those guys, they specialize in mud riding.

Hey Cub... wassup. I think weasel over at atvfrontier.com runs them on his CanAm. I think he runs the 26's though but those 27's have deeper tread. They should be excellent I would think. I looked hard at getting some for my griz but my BiTri Claws have never let me down.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I run them. They work very very well. Smooth and tons of traction. And yes, I paid around 400$ for them.

Yeah Perry those bi/tri Mud Machines look pretty bad azz, I ust didn't want such a dedicated mud tire this go around, I wanted something that would be aggressive enough in all terrain while adding some more ground clearance at the same time. The clutch kit is in the mix too, its on its way, EPI Yellow spring and 18 gram weights!...grin

My buddy has 27's on his Honda and they seem to do pretty good (he doesn't really put them to the test tho).

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

i run 27" swamp lites on my brute and i don't have any complaints. i think they are one of the best a/t tires out there and they do very well in the mud.

i think you'll be happy.

I have a buddy that runs 27" Swamp Lites on his Grizzly 700. The first thing I noticed was they run larger than the claimed 27" size. These tires measure almost 29.5" @ 7psi!!!! The second thing I noticed is they seem to handle most trail, rock, and mud situations with ease. These tires make climbing through most sticky, steep, or technical situations look as difficult as driving around in your driveway. 4 wheel drive is simply not needed as much as before. The only down side I could see is that he consistently burns more fuel than I do...but that may just be the Grizzly and not the tires. The only negative noted by my buddy is that the Swamp Lites do not like the ice. He has a difficult time keeping his bike on the trail when it is icy. We actually found the stock tires performed significantly better on the snow and ice than the Swamp Lites. I can also say the same negative about my 26" Mudlites. That is the one time the stock tires do well.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AKMuddy View Post
    The only negative noted by my buddy is that the Swamp Lites do not like the ice. He has a difficult time keeping his bike on the trail when it is icy. We actually found the stock tires performed significantly better on the snow and ice than the Swamp Lites. I can also say the same negative about my 26" Mudlites. That is the one time the stock tires do well.

I don't think any of the big lug tires will do well in snow/ice. I think I am going to stud mine up this year. Studs should also help when you get on that hard packed mud with a layer of slime on top. My rig slips all over the place in that stuff unless there is some loose stuff to grab or I am sinking in a bit.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    I don't think any of the big lug tires will do well in snow/ice. I think I am going to stud mine up this year. Studs should also help when you get on that hard packed mud with a layer of slime on top. My rig slips all over the place in that stuff unless there is some loose stuff to grab or I am sinking in a bit.
    I saw a guy out today running studed mud lites. Looked pretty effective, we had that slimy clay and it was interesting to see the stud marks in the clay. It looked like he just used a bunch of stainless 1/4" hex screws.

Where did you find the swamp lites. There is a place in eagle river that can get them for around $430 a set. I was thinking about picking some up probably the 26x9x12 and 26x11x12 for my new arctic cat 500. ALso thought about gettin some lighter aluminum rims too but the darn things are pretty pricy.

I'm really interested in the swamp lites, they look about perfect for climbing.