Thread: Kenai silvers?

Question Kenai silvers?

Hey wonder if the locals will speak up here. got a friend in town he is staying with a friend in soldotna, wondering if the silvers are hitting well down there? I would love to get him on silvers in the Kenai, hes been talking about that for quite awhile. Where should we go middle river or lower river. I am pretty sure he is staying with some friends near centenial campground. As far as I know, they are not big fishermen. Anyone got any ideas where we would have a good time catching fish this weekend on the penisula?

Default Kenai Silvers

I was out on the lower today and struggled a bit. I would suggest fishing off of the parking area of Centennial. Hit it early and be patient. Plunking bait off of the parking lot or throwing spinners at the seam out of the lagoon should produce.

The Middle should be doing good as well, but expect to contend with an abundance of pinks.

Good luck

Default thanks!

We will try exactly that! Any colors working better than others?

Default colors

I have been using just a simply 3/0 hook with eggs on a loop or most any spinner color seems to be working... try the chartreusse or black to minimize the pink activity.

Good luck