Thread: Where to go this weekend?

Default Where to go this weekend?

I need to find a place with good odds of catching fish this weekend. Are the Parks sreams all done? Anything in Delta Clearwater yet? Are grayling still readily available along the Denali highway? I need to get my wife a fish...she's been here almost 2 years and been shut out so far. We have a Sportjon, so rivers are doable.

On another note...is there a boat launch near the Parks Highway on the Chulitna?

Default You should be...

...ashamed of yourself. You have a sportjon and your wife hasn't caught a fish in 2 years....shame shame shame on you. LOL

Wish that I could give you a report - but work has been hindering my fishing - and it is hunting season now.

Good luck in your search.
    randy

Default Where to go

Silvers hit the seward beaches this week, don't know if they will still be there this weekend, but on Wed they were limits of 6 in a hour

Where were you fishing?

I wonder if that means Whittier will start seeing fish, too....

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    ...ashamed of yourself. You have a sportjon and your wife hasn't caught a fish in 2 years....shame shame shame on you. LOL

Wish that I could give you a report - but work has been hindering my fishing - and it is hunting season now.

Good luck in your search.
    randy
    Well, all we really got to fish for the past couple seasons was Kings, as I've been deployed and TDY to training for a good portion of that time. Got skunked everytime she went. She had one on and it dang near spooled her at Montana creek last year...probably foul-hooked

Silvers should be a pretty sure thing, but I ain't been around much during the silver runs. I scouted Montana Creek today...was just gonna look over the bridge, but ended up walking down to the mouth. A buncha Chums with Leprosy in there. Didn't have my waders, so I didn't get to see if there was anything fresher out in my usual spot.

Probably try Delta Clearwater next week or the week after.

Any recommendations on salt water vs river patterns? I haven't gotten out the clousers and deceivers in a while.