Thread: What's going on at Bird Creek?

Default What's going on at Bird Creek?

Went down to Bird Creek yesterday for just a little bit of riding. Haven't been down there in about 2 months. I see they have closed portions of different trails and closed down entire trails in other cases. The signs say it is due to soft soil and more erosion control. The part I don't really understand is if they are doing this to help out the environment in one fashion or another why would they cut down 10-20 mature trees and push up big dirt berms at both ends of the trails? I would think the berms will cause their own erosion issues. Seems like if they were going to cut all those trees down, why not just build some sort of elevated platform with the trees over the soft spot? Kind of like the bridges they built over the creeks. As usual, I came home with more trash than I went down with. Price of gas is keeping everyone closer to town and this has probably caused some of the issues down there. Anyone got anymore info??
    EricL

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

I haven’t been down there in a couple of months. What trails did they close off? Are the main trails to the look-out, rock, and the two bridges still open?
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Default bird creek

How far back can you ride in Bird Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by fnd1734 View Post
    How far back can you ride in Bird Creek?
    It's only about 6-8 miles but is a pretty nice ride. There are several different trails that you can hop off on. Snow will start to hamper how far you can ride.
    EricL