Thread: beagles

Default beagles

is there a need for beagles to run hares or can i do just as well with-out them

You can do it without them and have a ball, but a beagle also works really well. We raised and used them for years. Bags are definitely higher with beagles.

For us it was hard to leave the beagles home any time we went out on a stalking hunt. You pretty much need to use a shotgun with dogs, both for the moving targets and safety of the dogs (no ricochets allowed in dense brush). If you like hunting with rifles, handguns, archery, muzzleloaders too, you are going to have to leave the dogs home, and they are going to make you feel really guilty about it. We worked a compromise, leaving the dogs home when it was wet or windy, but they got first dibs on hunts when conditions were good.

Default Beagles

Like Brownbear says you can do it either way, but the music of the beagles is too much for me to resist. It makes it much more enjoyable for me.

Talking biggun's

Just to forwarn you rabbitrunner01, the rabbits here are the size of a beagle so you better train them self defense as they may just run your beagle.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

I've used a Beagle out here for Tundra Hares. They work great. Was born and raised in MI and shagging after cottontails with a Beagle was probably some of the best hunting I ever did while growing up back there.

you have seen my beagles thunder chicken do you think they'be big enough and do you think they will do well?

Default beagles

I think they would have a blast, and just think............no more greenbriar so you won't need a blood transfusion at the end of the day!!!

Default wandering about beagles in the cold

was wandering how well the dogs run in the cold also i m not sure if maybe there are too many hares in the area i like hunting would that cause a problkem for the dogs i hunt in delta junc and fort greely area i m curious to see some beagles run up here and how the hares would act