Thread: Texas boat mess

Default Texas boat mess

Has anyone seen all the boats high and dry on the Texas coast? There were videos on the news of them pushing nice boats into piles with loaders or just pushing them back over sea wals to fall apart in place. I would imagine the insurance companies will be totalling alot of boats in place and letting them be destroyed. The pictures of some of these boats makes me cringe. One boat sitting in a yard had three 275hp outboards on it. Hull looked busted but ya know how much those 3 engines plus controls were worth? Whew. I wonder how much slightly damaged or salvaged boat stuff will be hitting E-bay or Craigslist? Might be worth watching for those of us looking for a deal.

I bet a guy with some cash in his pocket could go and score some great deals down there.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Default here is one pic I found

2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Happens all the time. I knew a fishing guide that had his 63' custom off shore charter boat ripped from it's mooring and dropped neatly on it's side with a convienient pine tree sticking up through the hull. The tree was still rooted firmly in place and the boat had to be cut free and hauled to a waiting barge with a crane. The insurance ended up repairing it believe it or not!