Thread: First Moose Hunt!

Default First Moose Hunt!

Today was my Little boy's first moose hunt. He is only 15 months old but I think he enjoyed the entire experience. My wife enjoyed the family outing as well. It's a great experience to be successful in your hunting endeavors from time to time (especially if the whole family is involved).

I hope my son experiences many more hunts in his lifetime.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default another photo ... family!

I thought I'd add one more photo!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up Awesome

Congrats for your moose, small ones are the best tastin and my personal fave! Also its great to see the whole family out together! Looks like you have a lil hunting buddy well in the making keep up the good work.

Default First Moose

Way to go! That is the best hunting picture I have seen this year. I have been hunting with my 2 daughters and my wife for many years. Harder to do now since they have husbands and little ones of their own. I would not trade the memories for the biggest wall hangers in the world.

Impressive that a 15-month took down a moose. Did he use a .22?
    "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Thumbs up Thanks for reassuring me!!

Just wanted to say thank you.. My wife is my hunting partner and she is six months pregnant.. This year has been good but disappointing, as we had a float trip planned for early spring but could not go, which was ok - because shortly after we found out we were both drawn for sheep! but then shortly after that we found out she was pregnent so no float trip, no sheep hunt, but luck on or side we were also both drawn for cow tags in the DJMA so that is good, only thing is - she will be 8mos along so we will have to see, she is very tired and run down and doesnt really feel like going out this moose season... so again we will have to see what happens, we are supposed to go goose hunting on monday.. should be ok because you just sit there.. at least thats how im selling . Anyways.. its very good and reassuring to see you all out with your child like that, we have said we are going to get one of those backpacks to use also... well have to see how next season goes as the baby is due in Dec. so next year may not be much better.. but im sure things will resume soon after.. its just disapointing to watch the season drift by.. Well congrats on the fine moose and thank you again!
    Last edited by DaveLuntz; 09-02-2006 at 07:42. Reason: spelling errors

Thumbs up Baby Carrier

Way to go TrueNorthed!

Great moose, great family.

And DaveLuntz, congratulations on expecting! Let me give you a tip: Don't buy a baby carrier that holds the kid inches off your back.

You wouldn't buy a sheep hunting pack that holds the load away from you - it would be really unstable, not to mention harder on the hips and shoulders.

Most baby carriers are made for people who won't be walking on any terrain rougher than stepping off the curb.

Take a look at http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/carrier.html . No interest in the company, just a fan. I've taken both my little ones ridgewalking on my back in one of these. They're also versatile - my wife wore 'em on the front in the same pack.

Default Can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Truenorthed View Post
    Today was my Little boy's first moose hunt. He is only 15 months old but I think he enjoyed the entire experience. My wife enjoyed the family outing as well. It's a great experience to be successful in your hunting endeavors from time to time (especially if the whole family is involved).

I hope my son experiences many more hunts in his lifetime.
    Congrats Ed... I hope that you enjoy this moose...and enjoy telling those boys down south about your sons hunting experience! Now I can't wait to take my son out... he is 8 months old!
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

Default toddlers 1st moose hunt

Way to go guys, congrats! I am a little envious though as my 3 year old son has yet to kill his 1st anything yet, other than a million mosquitos this last summer.

Default Thank You

I just wanted to say thank you for your kind words and I wish everybody a safe and successful hunting season. Make the most of your time in the woods because life is short and should be enjoyed with your family.

*By the way, we were missing one member of our family in the photo's ... his name is BUDDY and he's the family canine. He's a german short hair/spaniel mix and he loves to hunt. He was a little upset when we didn't take him with us that morning. But he blew my cover last year and I didn't want a repeat this year. I do take him out chasing birds ... and he's good at it. I'm hoping to do some grouse hunting in the next week or two.

Once again, thank you and God bless you this season.