Thread: kenai bears, goats...

Thumbs up kenai bears, goats...

was talking to our bio yesterday about success rates and DLP's.
    so far this year, including 4 illegal kills and a couple traffic fatalities there have been 32 brown bears killed/DLP'd this year, a new record.
    there have also only been about 15 goats taken on the whole peninsula so far.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Thirty-two! Holy smokes! Isn't that about 10% of the "population"? I thought there were not supposed to be that many brownies on the Kenai.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default They are almost all gone!

Way more bears here than they know. Even after all those DLP's, we saw 5 separate brown bears on the upper Kenai a week ago saturday. Granted, we were on the river the entire day, but thats still a lot of bears to see in such a short stretch of water--esp. considering how thick the salmon are below Skilak right now.

I got the call from F&G on Friday, confirming the fall portion of my kenai BB tag is cancelled. Who'd a thunk it. I will have to wait until the spring--my only concern is keep temptation at bay while in Kotz caribou hunting next week.

Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwill View Post
    I will have to wait until the spring--my only concern is keep temptation at bay while in Kotz caribou hunting next week.

Will
    Please save your tag for down here.
    The moose & I will thank you.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."