Thread: plow mount for Kodiak 400

Default plow mount for Kodiak 400

I have a 1996 Yamaha Kodiak 400 manual shift model, designation YFM400FWH. I wanted to get a Warn plow set-up for plowing my place up in Willow. The problem I am having is that no one I've talked to seems to think they made a manual shift Kodiak in 1996. Warn doesn't list a mount kit for this atv. The plow blade and push tubes are no problem, but without the mounting "bracket" it's a wash-out. My local Anchorage dealer says the mounts are just flat plates with holes drilled for u-bolts, so new holes could be drilled to work, but that's not what Warn shows for the Kodiaks listed, most all of which are the Automatic model. Anyone had this machine and set-up a plow? Any help appreciated.

Try this link for Cycle Country. If you do not see what you need, give them a call and explain your situation. I would also call a Yamaha support rep to see if you get the same answer as you get from Cycle Country. Maybe call a Warn rep to see what they say? You should be able to find toll free numbers for all of these and hopefully someone has your answer. The mount itself would be pretty easy to make but the ones I have bought only cost $50 to $70 so I don't mess around with making them.

You should be able to use a mount made by someone else to install your Warn plow if that is what it comes down to. I have a Cycle Country mount for my Warn winch, no problem. Good luck. Notice there are 5 pages in the link.

Take a look at this mount and see if it might work for you. I've got this setup on my Foreman with the 50" Moose Plow and it works great. Takes about 30 minutes to get the whole thing setup.

Default Good advice

Cycle Country gave me all the info I needed. Thanks for the advice.